Each Shift Leader works independently under the company guidelines to achieve production objectives, direct others, leads process improvements and monitor plant work flow with his / her team.
- Works closely with the Production Manager and other department leaders to establish new rules, procedures, work methods, visual standards, processes, systems, and structure to improve the Camden operation.
- Reports safety, quality, and operational results from all previous shifts at the daily production meeting.
- Ensures that information posted on shop floor boards is up-to-date and accurate.
- Ensures that all operations supplies stored on the shop floor are ready and available for production use.
- Manages all quarantined product in production areas to ensure that it is properly dispositioned and processed.
- Coordinates process-specific special projects like customer sorts, non-standard quality inspections, engineering trials, contingency plans, and other special processes.
- Responsible for shift results (safety, quality, production output, costs, and personnel levels).
- Coordinates activities and services (repairs, inspections, training, crisis plan, team facilitation, etc).
- Ensures production areas are 5S and production compliant.
- Ensures facilities and equipment are in safe operating condition.
- Monitors the performance of technicians, setters, operators, equipment, and the level of needed supplies.
- Ensures availability of equipment.
- Minimizes departmental waste and costs.
- Participates in business meetings, workshops, seminars, and training required to perform work functions.
- Processes and maintains a variety of manual and electronic documents, files and / or records (e.g. inventory of supplies and equipment, overtime records, shift protocol sheets, non-conformance reports, maintenance work orders) for the purposes of providing complete and accurate documentation and an audit trail.
- Responds to emergency situations and implements the appropriate actions required to resolve situations.
- Supervises and assigns personnel (hiring / termination recommendations, work assignments, training, etc.) to ensure that the department functions safely and efficiently.
- Leads shop floor continuous improvement activities, including root casue problem solving and cross functional team PDCA’s.
- Ensures associates attend Cross Functional Team (CFT) meetings as scheduled.
- Follows standard work and ensures shop floor compliance to standard work.
- Ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization
- Ability to see beyond current systems and structure to identify and create improvements
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
- Experienced in fast paced, high volume production environment.
- Goal oriented and driven to achieve goals daily.
- Ability to be a strong disciplinarian and policy driven.
- Continuous improvement experience required.
- Good mechanical and technical knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 5-8 years in a manufacturing supervisory role (managing 25+ subordinates)
- Forklift license a plus
- Flexible with work schedule
Essential Mental Functions:
- Ability to focus on the task at hand, good math skills, good communication skills, good mechanical comprehension skills and technique, ability to multi task
Essential Physical Functions:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs
- College degree a plus
- Six-Sigma Green Belt a plus
- High School Diploma
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities
Our innovative power and the unique combination of a dynamic start-up culture with professional organizational structures make us the most attractive and successful partner on the market.
Hengst of N. America
Why Work Here?We are devoted to this vision together with all of our innovative power. As a family enterprise, our thoughts and actions are characterized by a responsibility to handle resources carefully and by the challenge of making engines, machines and systems cleaner and more efficient with future-oriented filtration solutions, and thus sustainably improving the environment we live in. Our innovative power and the unique combination of a dynamic start-up culture with professional organizational structures make us the most attractive and successful partner on the market.
We lead the world in filtration, making our planet a purer place.