· Under the direct supervision of the Quality Control Manager, a QC Technician has the responsibility of learning the general operation and specific functions related to quality management.
· QA audits and documentation review including operational inspection and review of production generated paperwork.
· Verification activities of HACCP, SOP’s, SSOP’s and GMP policy.
· Provide support and training to employees.
· Conduct inspections to ensure USDA and SQF standards and customer specifications are met on raw materials, work in progress and finished goods.
· Laboratory work; sample collection, pH and water activity measurement, and chemical and microbiological testing.
· Perform product evaluations.
- Communications- Ability to communicate with clarity in a timely manner.
- Team Commitment- Ability to support teamwork to accomplish objectives.
- Detail Oriented- Ability to provide accurate and efficient results.
- The ability to read and interpret test results.
- Strong PC skills required - Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish).
- Have an eye for detail.
- Willingness and ability to learn and grow to better provide value to the company.
- Ability to stay on task.
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
· Required: 2 years of quality control technician experience.
· Preferred: Associates degree and 2 years of Quality Assurance technician experience.