Cannabis company headquartered in Los Angeles California is seeking a creative and self-motivated senior process engineer/chemical engineer for a full-time position at our new production facility to manage and direct production operations. The senior process engineer will be responsible for production operations, for the development and implementation of optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods to meet product specifications, product demand and quality standards for the new production facility. This position reports directly to the COO and will serve as a mentor for the production team. The ideal candidate for this position is a leader, team player and a motivated problem-solver with an inquiring mind who can get a team to produce high-quality work under pressure.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage production operations to meet production goals with safety, quality and on time.
· Manage production schedule and team schedules in conjunction with COO and production supervisor to deliver production goals.
· Research, design, and develop processes to reduce costs, increase capacity and improve quality.
· Plan and execute well-designed experiments and distribute clear concise reports detailing results to key stakeholders.
· Oversee the implementation of process improvements through documentation, deployment and training.
· Create and manage data analysis tools to uncover areas for improvements and innovation.
· Create, maintain and train team on daily, weekly and monthly production metric dashboards.
· Investigate and troubleshoot any problems that arise with processes, procedures, and operations
· Prepare cost justification and schedule for projects requiring plant changes and/or capital assets.
· Contribute to development of health and safety standards.
· Write reports to document all process changes.
· Clearly communicate ideas and findings to management and colleagues.
· Mentor, train and motivate production supervisor, shift leaders and team members.
Requirements and Qualifications
· 7-10 years of process or manufacturing engineering experience with a proven track record of improvements in quality, yield and/or capacity with increasing responsibility.
· 5 years of experience as manager or leader of team efforts.
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related field such as chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, industrial engineering, or mechanical engineering.
· Experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, or nutraceuticals preferred, experience in a GMP-certified plant highly desirable.
· Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze data from multiple systems and resources.
· Ability to prioritize and execute against key objectives in a fast-paced and changing environment.
· Ability to work with a diverse team and promote a positive team environment.
· Self-driven with excellent organization and communications skills.
· Strong computer skills, experience with statistical process analysis, data collection and process simulation.