Chief Financial Officer
HempStaff, LLC Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Summary/objective: A cannabis company located in Los Angeles is seeking a Chief Financial Officer. As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. This individual will have primary day-to-day responsibilities for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives
- Direct the company’s strategic planning initiatives and help to build out strong practices around financial planning and analysis
- Partner with all members of the senior management team and other company leadership on business strategy
- Responsible for coordinating the annual audit, preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and tax returns
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities
- Actively manage day-to-day accounting and financial operations
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets, and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Demonstrate strong Financial stewardship. Direct resource allocation, monitor company expenditures and help review and negotiate customer and vendor agreements
- Prepare, analyze, and present monthly financial reports to the leadership team
- Designs and implements effective systems, reports and models to measure and monitor the Company’s performance across all business lines and departments.
- Build and mentor Finance and Accounting team through the implementation of systems, processes, internal controls, and policies
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Problem solving and creative skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Ability to wear many hats and contribute across various initiatives
- High intellectual capacity, particularly in an analytical and strategic context
- Prior experience leading fundraising diligence efforts, ideally at a growth stage company
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for building
- Must be a strong, decisive, results-oriented person who can develop and manage relationships across multiple business functions
- Hands-on, take charge financial professional with strong financial and analytical skills
Oversee the Accounting team
This job operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role: However, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and arms to reach. The worker is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing, and preparing and analyzing data and figures.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position, work hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. There will be flexibility in the schedule, but the individual must be available during core business hours.
Travel will be required, but should not exceed 20% per year.
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- 10+ years in a progressively responsible financial leadership role
- Experience with building and growing in a start-up environment
HempStaff, LLCWhy Work Here?
Get into the booming Cannabis / Hemp Industry!
HempStaff is the industry leader in hemp and cannabis industry recruiting and dispensary training. We are your hemp and cannabis industry headhunters, as we specialize in finding management level employees, such as Master Growers, Extractors or Dispensary Managers, even if we have to relocate them from a different state. We are also there for the inexperienced candidate, with dispensary agent training and certification, that can help them find medical marijuana jobs. For more info check out our website www.hempstaff.com and our job board www.cannabisemployment.com
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Finance and Insurance