Substance Use Disorder Counselor
Helping Hand Association DBA The Haven Salt Lake City, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Mission of The Haven is to empower and enrich the lives of the individuals we serve by providing effective and affordable treatment to a diverse population. We have been improving the lives of these individuals for the last 50 years. The Haven is not just another job, it is a chance at a career. We have fun, we work hard and make a difference in our community. We are looking for a team player that will be part of our Haven family. We are seeking a Substance Use Disorder Counselor to join our team!
- Establish open lines of communication for individuals with mental or emotional issues
- Offer assistance to individuals with substance abuse issues
- Provide prevention-oriented therapy
- Implement and review treatment plans
- Collaborate with additional treatment providers and placement agencies
- Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Previous experience in mental health counseling or other related fields
- Familiarity with community mental health resources
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong leadership qualities
- Qualified applicants must be licensed as an ASUDC, SUDC, CSUDC through DOPL
- TB test (to take once hired)
- Flu Shot
- Appropriately assess client needs using the American Society of Addiction Medicine Patient Placement Criteria.
- Ability to perform substance abuse assessments with screening tools in a quick and timely fashion.
- Individual sessions on a weekly basis.
- Comfortable and able to facilitate weekly groups both therapeutic and didactic.
- Develop effective level of rapport with clients on caseload while maintaining healthy boundaries.
- Efficient at treatment planning, documenting the plan and able to work with client regarding individualized plans.
- Utilize motivational techniques to retain and support client progress.
- Actively utilize the treatment team for clinical support.
- Connect clients to community resources.
- Proactively involve and communicate with collateral supports, including family, significant others, probation officers, judges, caseworkers, and others.
- Complete accurate and thorough client reports, such as court reports, in required time frames
- Other duties as assigned.
Helping Hand Association DBA The HavenWhy Work Here?
HUGE opportunity for growth and career advancement.
The Mission of The Haven is to empower and enrich the lives of the individuals we serve by providing effective and affordable treatment to a diverse population. We have been improving the lives of these individuals for the last 50 years.