Job Coach/Trainer (Community Living Setting)
Help At Home Gulfport, MS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Help at Home is hiring TODAY in your community!
Help at Home is the nation’s leading provider of high-quality support services to seniors and people with disabilities. Our clients need us more than ever to continue living independently in their own homes, while staying safe from high-risk facilities.
Help at Home leads the home care industry in protecting our clients and caregivers. We provide priority vaccine access, a ready supply of quality PPE, and up-to-date training
Our Job Coaches/Trainers primarily assist our clients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities with developing occupational skills and exploring job opportunities within the community.
Help at Home truly cares about our employees, and we are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Flexible scheduling that allows employees to maintain unemployment and does not interfere with stimulus package relief
- Quarantine and Hazard pay for employees exposed to COVID on the job
- Health care plans with expanded medical coverage to ensure no-cost testing and greater flexibility in maintaining coverage (on HAH plans only)
- Help at Home Cares Fund to provide financial support for employees in need
- Industry-leading training and development opportunities
- Compassionate, professional management teams
- Provides supportive services to consumers and for individual person as assigned by the Director/Supervisor according to Agency policies and procedures
- Training the individual step-by-step as defined in the job task analysis
- Collects individual's data assigned and reports pertinent condition changes to the Director/Supervisor as appropriate
- Reports individual responses to supportive care provided to the person within the specified work day and reports to Director/Supervisor information that would impact the services and/or Individual Plan
- Demonstrates the ability to care for a variety of consumer and reports issues to the Director/Supervisor that might indicate a case conference is needed
- Must maintain personal confidentiality
- Evaluates own professional needs and provides suggestions to meet those needs such as in-services or other continuing education
- Other tasks assigned
- a HS Diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license
- Must demonstrate successful completion of a competency evaluation program through the College of Direct Support that addresses all of the State requirements
- Conduct a county check for all of the counties the staff has lived or worked in for the past 3 years
- Conduct a State criminal background check for all of states the staff has lived or worked in for the past 3 years
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency performing supportive service procedures
- Exhibits ability to follow care plans
- Documents client activities/progress per Agency policy and procedures
- Recognizes the needs and concerns of people and maintain constructive working relationships when assisting them
Job Coaches/Trainers must comply with state background screening requirements. Compensation, benefits, time off and bonuses vary by state and location, so please ask for complete details at your interview.
Powered by JazzHR
Help At Home
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Help At Home