Help At Home Scranton, PA
- Posted: January 26, 2021
Help at Home LLC., formerly Excel Home Care has an exciting opportunity for a Case Manager in our Scranton, PA office! The Case Manager will provide organizational, administrative, and professional support for all assigned clients and care givers. The successful Case Manager candidate will be compassionate, have excellent communication skills and a strong desire to work with and assist elders to gain and maintain independence in their day to day lives.
The Case Manager provides all necessary organizational, administrative and professional support for assigned clients and their Care Givers. This position is responsible for maintaining positive client and Care Giver relations and demonstrating respect, efficiency, and good communications.
- Creates and maintains a database system for all important information relative to assigned Care Givers. Gathers and inputs their phone numbers, home address, auto license number, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements including professional licenses, training, background checks, etc.
- Tracks the receipt and expiration date (if any) of insurance, certifications and training.
- Creates and maintains a database system for all important information relative to clients. Gathers and inputs client name, address and contact information.
- Receives client calls and handles routine issues, documenting each contact. Escalates complaints, problems or complex issues to the Client Care Supervisor.
- Conducts 60-day consumer interviews. Initiates contact with clients and records health status, treatment progress, whether there are children in the home, and client satisfaction with Care Giver services.
- May coordinate Care Givers' schedules to ensure that client service is maintained.
- Performs a variety of general office duties such as greeting office visitors, responding to phone inquiries, operation of office machines, organizing files, providing keys or security access, typing, copying, filing, sorting mail, requisition of supplies, faxing, etc. Assists with maintaining a neat and clean office.
- Consistently maintains the confidentiality of patient/client and agency information.
- Participates in after-hours on call rotation as an industry quality assurance requirement.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Upon hire, all employees will be required to complete the mandatory in-service training related to the following topics:
- Identification and Prevention of Abuse and Neglect and Exploitation of an individual.
- Recognizing, Reporting and Investigating Critical Incidents
- Participant Complaint Resolution
- Quality Management Plan
- Agency Emergency Preparedness
- Handling Medical and Behavioral Emergencies
- Infection Control and Standard Precautions
- Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Department Policy on intellectual disability principles and values.
- Training to meet the needs of an individual as identified in the ISP[i]
- Grievance Procedures
- Department Issued Policies and Procedures
- Accurate billing and documentation of service delivery.
Additional Training Topics will include:
- Seizures Bathing, Shaving, Grooming and dressing
- Dysphagia Hair, Skin and Mouth Care
- Prevention of Falls Assistance with ambulation
- Emergency Preparedness Meal Preparation and feeding
- Fire Safety Toileting
- Driver Safety (If Applicable) Assistance with Self-Administered Medications
- Knowledge and Experience. Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, or other related discipline. Prior office experience is preferred including experience with organizing information and working with databases. Intermediate level computer skill with creating and modifying documents using Microsoft products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint); ability to key quickly and accurately.
- Personal accountability. Self-motivated; reliable; strong attention to details; maintains confidentiality; complies with all Company policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal Skills. Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills; ability to function as a positive team member.
- Physical Demands.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and use a pc keyboard.
- Able to deal with stress and conflict appropriately.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.