Senior Safety Manager, Standards, Construction, Automation Safety
HelloFresh Newnan, GA
- Expired: December 24, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sr. Manager of Safety Programs and Construction Safety
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we're growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Due to growth, HelloFresh is looking to add a Sr. Manager of Safety Programs and Construction Safety
to our team! As Sr. Manager of Safety Programs and Construction Safety, you will join forces with the Director of Corporate Safety and Security to head up workplace safety initiatives for our entire US Operations! You will develop and manage programs and teams in the trenches to promote HelloFresh's vision, inspire change, raise the bar on asset protection, and champion a safe and secure environment!
- You will be responsible for the implementation, delivery, and day-to-day management of the Operational safety and construction safety programs.
- You will work closely with the other HQ teams as it relates to vendor safety services, safety systems, program management & technology.
- Manage the Corporate EHS Audit Program, leading internal audits on-site, as well as organizing and supporting 3rd party audits with businesses
- Mitigate significant safety and security risks, designs and implements strategies and programs to prevent and reduce severity and frequency of injuries and equipment damage.
- Provide consulting support and make recommendations to the Director of Safety and Security and Operations management regarding appropriate, timely and necessary improvements or enhancements to their facilities
- Manage and provide guidance to the corporate staff in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining safety processes across HelloFresh to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure to the company
- Ensure proper vendor identification, bidding, and budgeting to support the corporate safety initiatives
- Develop and deliver preventative programs and services to protect team members from harm, by creating a zero-harm environment.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance
- Work with integrity and the utmost regard for the safety and health at HelloFresh
- Use continuous improvement principles to identify ways to improve our processes and results
- Partner: you effectively listen, build rapport and communicate at all levels; you're confident sharing ideas and are a trusted advisor for workplace safety
- Results-driven: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency.
- Programmatic: able to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it and completing the task.
- Inspirational: you know how to make an impact and deliver presentations that inspire and influence change
- Versatile: you roll with the punches and don't get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues and have a knack for driving results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in science, engineering or EHS-related field required
- 5+ years of experience working in a corporate EHS department with specific policy and compliance responsibilities, strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of EPA, OSHA, and DOT Regulations required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite & Google Apps (i.e. google forms) and web applications strongly preferred
- Preferred Professional Certification: CSP, ASP, OHST
- Effective communication skills
- Work both independently and with a team
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child and adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.