Senior Food Safety Manager
- Expired: December 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 18 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: Green Chef, EveryPlate, Chefs Plate, Factor_, and Youfoodz.
Senior Food Safety Manager Job Description:
Be responsible for adhering to all food safety regulatory and SQF standards. The SQF Practitioner at HelloFresh oversees the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF system. The position supervises the food safety and sanitation team. Additionally, the position develops, implements and manages food safety & SQF systems designed to ensure continuous compliance with all food safety regulatory and SQF standards .
- Ensure food safety compliance with local, city, state and federal requirements
- Create and manage SQF systems as SQF practitioner
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Manages the food safety and sanitation departments to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Performing internal audits.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize compliance, product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Maintain an active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement food safety training programs.
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for products throughout the production cycle.
- Interact with vendors and procurement to ensure food safety of all purchased parts.
- Addressing nonconformities from previous internal and external audits.
- Conducting a management review of the food safety & SQF system.
- Following-up on and closing pending preventive and corrective action requests.
- Ensuring that organizational systems and training is in place.
- Ensuring that documentation and design controls are appropriate for organization.
- Administering document control and configuration management system.
- Overseeing established calibration and testing programs.
- Assisting the management team and providing QA support when QA Manager is out.
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training and corrective direction.
- SQF practitioner
- Leadership: train and develop a large group of employees
- Performance Management: for assigned production lines
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency: speak to employees with tact and diplomacy
- Time Management: tracking/monitoring production and maintaining productivity
- Technical Capacity: computer literacy to input information into the computer
- Learning Orientation: able to take direction and relay information to employees
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Food Science, Biology or other relevant subjects
- 7+ years of experience within the food industry
- Experience leading a team of managers, coaching and training the team
- Strong attention to detail and data driven mindset
- Extensive knowledge of principles and applications of FSQA programs including HACCP, Sanitation
- Up-to-date knowledge on FDA guidelines
- Competitive Salary & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, coffee & catered meals
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers' homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company's commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe space that welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can share that with us in the application form.
To learn more about what it's like working inside HelloFresh, follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn
ManufacturingView all jobs at HelloFresh
Get fresh Manager FOOD Safety jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.