Senior Analyst, Technical Accounting
- Posted: over a month ago
- $95,000 Yearly
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 17 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
The Senior Analyst, Technical Accounting, is a member of the Finance team and contributes to the development and maintenance of accounting policies, analysis of technical accounting matters for the accounting functions of all business verticals at HelloFresh US. The position reports to the Manager of Technical Accounting and will closely collaborate with our Financial Operations and Reporting, Internal Controls, US Accounting, Tax, and Treasury teams as well as Global Reporting teams. You have the technical background and are eager to collaborate closely with other business functions to improve financial processes as we continue to grow.
You will ...
- Be responsible for drafting and contributing to technical accounting policies and memos, including compliance with group policies, reporting directly to the Manager of Technical Accounting
- Support initiatives providing CPE to the US Finance Team
- Research authoritative and interpretive accounting guidance applicable to non-recurring transactions as they arise and prepare associated technical accounting memos
- Partner with key functional business teams to collect information and documentation necessary to complete technical accounting analyses
- Partner with key functional business teams, including FP&A, to field technical accounting questions as they arise
- Assist in streamlining the technical accounting function through the identification of efficiencies and adoption of best practices
- Work closely with our Global Accounting Team on complex accounting issues and policy topics
- A strong communicator - Ability to communicate and articulate research findings and position on complex accounting topics to various groups throughout the Company.
- A critical thinker—Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Diligent - You look beneath the surface of a solution before implementing it.
- Enterprising - Seek to take up and start new projects. Able to achieve work with risk of failure.
- Responsible - You take ownership for your projects and their results.
- Driven for Results - Push projects to completion with a sense of urgency. Focus on activities that have tangible business outcomes.
- Your attention to detail is renowned. You are able to multitask, work under pressure, and meet deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment. You are a proactive problem-solver: You always look for a better, more efficient way to complete your own and the team's tasks.
- You want to be part of a high-growth company, are interested in food and technology, and are ready to take on new challenges.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- >2 years professional accounting experience with a top public accounting firm preferred, but may also have industry experience combined with public accounting experience
- Thorough understanding of accounting methodology. Experience with IFRS accounting is preferred.
- Experience in technical accounting research and assessments.
- Cross-departmental mindset: You can run projects involving various operational and back office teams. You communicate clearly, and excel at giving structured recommendations.
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred, but not required.
CO Salary: $90-95K annual salary
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers' homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company's commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe space that welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can share that with us in the application form.
To learn more about what it's like working inside HelloFresh, follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at HelloFresh