Associate Data Architect, Business Intelligence
- Expired: November 17, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Embedded in the NYC Tech Hub, we are building a cross-functional team of data scientists, analysts and engineers with the mission to bring the modeling and analytical capabilities of our marketing organization to the next level.
As an Associate Data Architect with HelloFresh, you will support the analytic needs of our Growth organization for HelloFresh US. You will play a pivotal role in helping us continue to succeed as the leading global meal kit provider. The Associate Data Architect sits within the analytics engineering division of our business intelligence team and is a hands-on technical role. The Associate Data Architect will solve challenging problems using customer and business data; core responsibilities include the development and automation of Marketing BI tools and enhancing and facilitating the information extraction process.
To succeed in this role, you must demonstrate a desire to improve on existing techniques and processes and have a passion for data warehousing. You should strive to drive opportunities on experimentation and predictive modeling and recommend improvements on strategies used by our marketing team across million dollar campaigns.
You will ...
- Help to architect the data model of the analytical layer in the data warehouse to support marketing KPIs, ultimately helping to drive better business decisions
- Gather functional requirements from stakeholders, evaluate upstream data structures, and partner with the Data Engineering team in the design and implementation of pipelines to load the data warehouse
- Grow into the role of a trusted data architect for the Marketing Analytics US team that takes ownership and responsibility for the architecture of the Marketing US data warehouse
- Performance tune productionalized queries and data pipelines (Impala, Snowflake, Databricks)
- Provide support in the development and modification of dashboards using Tableau
- Become very familiar with our BI Tool, Tableau, such that you can better architect the data warehouse for use in conjunction with Tableau
- Personally develop data transformations for our business intelligence layer using SQL, Databricks, and dbt and provide mentorship to more junior members of the team in this area
- Independently debug complex SQL, pipelines, and Tableau dashboards and provide debugging mentorship to more junior members of the team
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the data infrastructure at HelloFresh, working closely with the Data Team (analysts, data scientists, and data engineers) in order to facilitate the information extraction process
- Help productionalize automated data science solutions to cover the needs of the various stakeholders in the Growth Organization (Marketing, CRM, Product etc) and Finance
- Collaborative: you can work hand in hand with stakeholders, data scientists, engineers, and other data professionals to realize the full value of data products.
- Hands-on: As a technical leader on the team, you're able to dig into the details and independently produce output while also working closely with the team.
- Sense of ownership: you take responsibility for your projects and pride in your work.
- Strategic & critical thinking: you get the smaller and the bigger picture.
At a minimum, you have...
- A BS/MS in computer science, mathematics, economics, statistics, engineering, or equivalent analytical experience.
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience in Data Modeling, Data Analytics, and Business Intelligence. Past experience in Marketing Analytics is a plus.
- Strong SQL & strong knowledge of databases and data warehouse modeling concepts. Knowledge of Python. Experience developing reporting on a BI platform (e.g. Tableau, Power BI) and working with data science teams is a plus.
- A solid understanding of techniques and best practices for database design, data modeling, and ETL including the ability to do hands-on work.
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Position is eligible to participate, contingent on Supervisory Board Approval, in HelloFresh's equity program.
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at HelloFresh
Get fresh Lead DATA Architect jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.