Assistant General Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 17 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
The Assistant General Manager will oversee and execute the daily production of our food preparation and packaging for our distribution center.
- Manage and oversee day-to-day operations for warehouse fulfillment labor staff
- Work directly with Warehouse Managers and Human Resources to meet staffing needs
- Work directly with General Manager, Warehouse Managers and Human Resources Manager to properly execute all company policies, procedures, discipline, and performance management
- Ensure all production related processes are followed
- Ensure all warehouse production deadlines are followed
- Coordinate weekly department meetings and maintain constant communication between departments
- Promptly communicate all safety related issues and concerns
- Any and all other functions as determined by management
- Manage Warehouse Managers, Supervisors and oversee warehouse team of 200+
- Manage weekly schedule for hourly and salaried fulfillment labor employees
- 5-7 years of Warehouse Management experience in an Organic Food, Distribution or Production facility
- Proven track record of improved results in quality, safety, service and cost
- Knowledge of operating as a USDA or FDA regulated food facility a plus but not required
- HACCP training a plus but not required
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work as needed
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people and develop employees
- Ability to lift 25 pounds regularly
- Ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Regular stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, and walking
- Combination of warehouse and office environment
- Must be able to withstand temperatures ranging from 45 degrees Fahrenheit to -20 degrees Fahrenheit
**Position is eligible to participate in HelloFresh's equity program, contingent on Supervisory Board Approval
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers' homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company's commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We want to do adapt our processes and create a safe space that welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can share that with us in the application form.
To learn more about what it's like working inside HelloFresh, follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn
RetailView all jobs at HelloFresh