Assistant General Manager (Distribution)
- Posted: over a month ago
Green Chef is the leading and first certified organic company in the meal kit space in the US. We are passionate about making it easier to eat healthfully at home. Founded in September 2014, Green Chef is already a national force with hundreds of employees and tens of thousands of customers relying on us to help them eat well.
In 2018 Green Chef and Hello Fresh partnered to become the world's largest meal kit company. Together, we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
Green Chef remains focused on delivering healthy, organic ingredients, designed for busy people. We believe in creating thoughtful food experiences from planting to the plating. We strive to create greater interaction and meaningful connections with the food that nourishes us, the people who provide it, and the ones we share it with. Green Chef offers a variety of specialty lifestyle plans.
The Assistant General Manager will oversee and execute the daily production of our food preparation and packaging for our distribution center.
- Manage and oversee day-to-day operations for warehouse fulfillment labor staff
- Work directly with Warehouse Managers and Human Resources to meet staffing needs
- Work directly with General Manager, Warehouse Managers and Human Resources Manager to properly execute all company policies, procedures, discipline, and performance management
- Ensure all production related processes are followed
- Ensure all warehouse production deadlines are followed
- Coordinate weekly department meetings and maintain constant communication between departments
- Promptly communicate all safety related issues and concerns
- Any and all other functions as determined by management
- Manage Warehouse Managers, Supervisors and oversee warehouse team of 200+
- Manage weekly schedule for hourly and salaried fulfillment labor employees
- At least 5 years of Warehouse Management experience in an Organic Food, Distribution or Production facility
- Proven track record of improved results in quality, safety, service and cost
- Knowledge of operating as a USDA or FDA regulated food facility a plus but not required
- HACCP training a plus but not required
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work as needed
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people and develop employees
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
Salary Range for this position is 105,000-115,000.
**Position is eligible to participate in HelloFresh's equity program, contingent on Supervisory Board Approval
RetailView all jobs at HelloFresh