Hellas Construction is now accepting resumes for a full-time Project Manager to join our Sports Construction Company to support our Kansas Operations. Position will be located in our new Wichita, Kansas office and manage civil sports construction projects in Kansas and surrounding states. Qualified candidates must possess either a Construction Science or Civil Engineering degree plus experience in the heavy highway, parks and recreation arena or any other civil construction specialty is what the position will require. Only candidates with this discipline will be considered. Come be a part of an amazing organization shaping the way Sports Field are built. For more information on this position and our company, please visit www.hellasconstruction.com
The Project Manager is responsible to take ownership of the Project Profit and Loss and to ensure that all civil projects are well planned and successfully executed on time and under budget. Position will manage multiple assigned projects from award through project close-out. The project manager will also be responsible for understanding all aspects of operations. Works cohesively with Superintendents, Subcontractors, Suppliers, Engineers, Architects and Clients to ensure all project requirements are carried out successfully.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of the assigned projects from start through closeout.
- Manages multiple projects requiring effective interaction and coordination with internal company departments as well as external parties.
- Responsible for the project setup, budget entry into company computer software, issuance of purchase orders for all materials and maintain project file.
- Complete responsibility of creating the master project schedule with proper project documents to owner (including but not limited to contracts, bonds, insurance, SWPPP documents, etc), subcontractor packets and preparation, processing and tracking of submittals and shop drawings
- Attend all project, pre-construction, job site and substantial and final completion meetings as required
- Review Daily Time Sheets and Reports
- Maintain and keep current all construction documents (Submittals, RFI’s, change orders, etc)
- Conduct regular field inspections ensuring compliance with contract documents
- Prepare monthly cost to complete and projected profit against budget
- Reviews and approves subcontractor monthly payment requests and submit for payment
- Responsible for all aspects of the project closeout to include but not limited to project walk through with superintendent, internal punch list, completion of punch list, scheduling final walk through and submission of all close out documents
- 2 or more years of experience as a project manager in a construction company. Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree required.
- Previous experience managing civil engineering projects - dirt, concrete, pipe, liner, underground earthwork etc.
- PMP certification a plus but not required
- Must be able to read and understand project plans and specifications
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Experience and knowledge of civil construction required
- Ability to manage 3 -4 projects in parallel ranging up to 5-6M.
- Moderate to high level of proficiency operating MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Full understanding of Construction Math concepts
We are only able to accept candidates who have the ability to work in the US without sponsorship at any time now or in the future. Must be able to work out of the Wichita, Kansas office. Travel is required of this position roughly 30-40% of the time.
Salary will be commensurate based on previous experience managing civil projects. Will include a project bonus based on performance.