Hellas Construction is seeking a Labor Compliance/Project Coordinator for our office located in Carlsbad, California. This position will provide overall compliance support to projects requiring prevailing wage and other specific labor requirements. Must have the ability to work out of our office located at 5135 Avenido Encina, Ste A., Carsbad, CA 92008.
- Monitor certified payroll for both internal self-perform projects and external subcontractors
- Reading new job specifications for SWPPP info
- Track/Monitor Regional Applications, Permits & Inspections
- L&I Prevailing Wage/Intents/Affidavits
- Perform periodic audits on projects to ensure compliance
- Responsible for Labor Compliance Close Outs
- Completing PW forms (DAS 140 & 142) and routing
- Complete Affidavits and Notices of Termination
- Union Compliance and Scheduling
- Punch List and Job Close out packages
- Complete State Authorization forms
- Stormwater Management Maintenance
- Apply for & Maintain Security Access for Projects
- Assist the Project managers many different types of permits, ordering of bonds and insurance requests, purchase orders, invoice verification, punch list and job close out packages, completing state authorization forms, delivering bids, coordinating job walks and any misc deliveries.
- Office administration duties to include but not limited to answering phone, ordering and organizing office supplies, processing mail and misc filing
- Assisting with company equipment and vehicle management as needed
- Provide any other assistance to PMs and Superintendents as needed
- Minimum of three years experience working with Public Works Labor Compliance Programs and/or Project Labor Agreements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 2+ years previous experience working in the Construction Industry. Civil industry a plus
- Must have experience with prevailing wage enforcement, analysis, and auditing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment practices in the construction industry and a strong working knowledge of state labor regulations
- Ability to work independently, accurately, strategically, resourcefully, yet intuitively know when and how to inform, verify, collaborate, and escalate.
- PC proficiency including word and excel.
- Experience with ProCore or other related accounting based construction programs
- Effective interpersonal skills and professional telephone demeanor
Must be able to work normal offices hours and have the ability to flex up when business demands require. Ability to travel to job sites with overnight stays.