Hellas Construction is now accepting resumes for a full-time Junior Level Project Manager/Project Engineer. Specifically looking for a recent graduate with 1+ years of previous experience. Position will be located in our Carlsbad, California office and will support the management of civil sports construction projects assigned. Qualified candidates must possess either a Construction Science or Civil Engineering degree. Internship in a construction company a plus. For more information on this position and our company, please visit www.hellasconstruction.com.
The Junior Project Manager will support the Regional Vice President in taking ownership of the Project Profit and Loss and to ensuring projects are well planned and successfully executed on time and under budget. Position will assist in managing multiple assigned projects from award through project close-out. Will work with Superintendents, Subcontractors, Suppliers, Engineers, Architects and Clients to ensure all project requirements are carried out successfully. Hellas Construction self performs all civil work internally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in managing aspects of the assigned projects from start through closeout.
- Assist with the project setup, budget entry into company computer software, issuance of purchase orders for all materials and maintain project file.
- Assist with creating the master project schedule with proper project documents to owner (including but not limited to contracts, bonds, insurance, SWPPP documents, etc), subcontractor packets and preparation, processing and tracking of submittals and shop drawings
- May attend project, pre-construction, job site and substantial and final completion meetings as required
- Assist with reviewing Daily Time Sheets and Reports
- Assist with construction documents (Submittals, RFI’s, change orders, etc)
- Assist with the preparation and completion of projected profit against budget
- Recent College Graduate with a Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree required.
- 1+ Years experience a plus
- Previous internship experience in a Construction Setting
- Must be able to read and understand project plans and specifications
- Understanding of civil engineering and concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project. Ability to learn other functional software, which may include ComputerEase, mjobtime, Procore, and Visio.
- Full understanding of Construction Math concepts
We are only able to accept candidates who have the ability to work in the US without sponsorship at any time now or in the future.
Salary will be commensurate based on entry level college graduates.