IT Senior Systems Engineer - Hybrid
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are an IT consulting firm (MSP) located in Manhattan serving NYC based small and medium businesses. We've been in business for over 15 years and growing fast. Our clients typically have 40 - 500 users and we support all their IT needs.
A Senior Systems Engineer requires both proven experience with technology and outstanding personal communication skills. You should enjoy building solutions that leverage technology to meet a client’s business needs. The position works jointly with the other members of the Managed Service Team to help our clients achieve success through technology.
A Senior Systems Engineer will work closely with other technical resources and Management to ensure timely resolution or escalation of incoming service issues. A Senior Support Engineer must be able to understand technical issues related to Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems, backup devices and software, workstation, and server hardware and clearly communicate the problem in both verbal and written forms.
- Work with end-users and team members to resolve and troubleshoot desktop hardware, desktop applications, server hardware, server applications, routing, and connectivity issues.
- Work to resolve proactive alerts and monitors generated from Helix’s Remote Management application.
- Manage your daily ticket queues and schedule to ensure all assigned tickets are resolved and responded to within approved SLA targets.
- Meet and exceed your KPI Goals.
- Provide extraordinary customer service.
- Expert proficiency in supporting and troubleshooting Windows 10 & Windows 11.
- Basic understanding of Mac OS troubleshooting.
- Expert knowledge of Windows 2008 – 2019 server maintenance, troubleshooting and support.
- Advanced Proficiency provisioning and supporting cloud server environments like Azure and AWS
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide range of technical implementations such as HyperV, vSphere, Citrix, SQL, Terminal Services and Cloud/Hosted Services.
- Expert Proficiency in Office365 and GSuite.
- Advance Proficiency in common business SaaS applications.
- Expert knowledge of desktop software such as all Microsoft Office Suites.
- Advanced desktop VPN connectivity troubleshooting and configuration.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory and how it works in complex environments.
- Expert understanding of how IPv4 and IPv6 technologies interoperate.
- Expert knowledge with network troubleshooting.
- Security software knowledge, such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a like role or 3 years of experience working in Managed Services(MSP)
- Combination of the following industry certification (CompTIA Net+ and/or CompTIA Security+) MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator/Solutions Associate) or MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) MCITP Microsoft Certified IT Professional, MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert), CCNA or CCIE-Cisco
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Customer service focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successful at working in a team culture
- Participation in the On-call Rotation
What We Can Offer You:
Our offices are conveniently located in midtown Manhattan. Exposure to a broad spectrum of technologies. We offer a fun work environment with smart coworkers and generous perks. Perks include unlimited snacks/drinks, team outings, holiday celebrations, etc.
• Competitive salary and performance bonus
• Health and dental benefits
• Unlimited Paid Time Off
Helix SystemsWhy Work Here?
Great, supportive team and opportunity for growth.
260 W 36th St #801New York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Helix Systems