The Mechanical Engineer Designer is responsible for the design and drafting of new product, and the design support for all existing product.
- Design, configure, and provide production support of linear motion components.
- Utilize computer aided design hardware and software to generate component and assembly drawings.
- Maintain documentation, permanent files, and drawings as needed.
- Timely completion of drafting assignments.
- Convert customer drawings, sketches, and descriptions into design drawings to be used by manufacturing to produce parts.
- Maintain documentation, permanent files and drawings.
- Plot and copy drawings, as needed.
- Work directly with manufacturing personnel, outside vendors and sales personnel.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Associates Degree or equivalent two year college or technical school
Experience: Three to five years related experience
Specific Skills: Knowledge of modern business communication and the skills to use a personal computer and various software packages (i.e. Microsoft Office). Blue print reading and interpretation. Ability to produce accurate drawings using computer aided drafting. Capability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with average supervision.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc: 3-5 years experience with Solid Works required Familiarity with geometric tolerances.
Working Conditions/ Physical Demands:
Normal office environment. Majority of the day is spent sitting in front of a computer.
Internal: Daily verbal and written communication with employee and management.
External: Occasional verbal and written communication with customers and vendors.
The ability to apply all modern CAD techniques to ensure that the design is meeting the specifications and requirements. Ability to work under pressure and within timelines.