IT Help Desk Intern
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The IT Service Desk Intern will have the responsibility of assisting users on various hardware and software related issues. This position will also provide support to all employees over the phone, face-to-face, or electronically.
DUTIES & SCOPE:
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems under the guidance of your supervisor
- Respond to telephone calls, instant messages, email and personnel requests for technical support
- Track and document all IT Support Tickets using a helpdesk ticketing system
- Prioritize all incoming support requests and assign to the appropriate resource
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Recommend and schedule repairs, via vendors or hands-on
- Image, install and configure workstations based on company needs and requirements
- Create and maintain master install images for all endpoints
- Provide support for printers, copiers, scanners, and mobile devices
- Create and maintain inventory documentation on all IT related hardware and software licensing
- Provide end user support for IT-managed applications and software
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested related to area of responsibility
- Currently enrolled in a in an IT related bachelors degree
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7/8.1/10
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2013 & 2016
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 environments, including Exchange online
- General knowledge of Video Conferencing\Instant messaging systems (Skype, GoTo Meeting)
- General knowledge of Endpoint Imaging Systems (Ghost, WDS)
- General knowledge of Adobe Acrobat/Reader, Bluebeam, WinZip
- General knowledge of helpdesk systems, remote support tools (ManageEngine, GoTo Assist)
- Ability to perform remote installation and troubleshooting of endpoints and peripherals
- Ability to support mobile devices (iPhone, Android)
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and achieve results
- Must be assertive, resourceful, and open to asking questions.
Helix Electric, IncWhy Work Here?
32% 401k match, medical 100% paid for by company, PTO, sick leave, maternity and paternity paid leave, tuition assistance
Founded in 1985, Helix Electric is now one of the largest electrical contracting companies in the nation specializing in design-build and highly complex electrical projects. We deliver consistently powerful results by bringing passion, partnership and pride to every project and by building strong relationships with our clients based on honesty, trust and reliability. We have 10 0ffices nationwide and possess a culture built on the foundation of team work, safety, family, customer service, continued learning and opportunity for upward career growth.
AddressSan Diego, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Helix Electric, Inc