Helix Electric was founded in 1985 and is now one of the nation’s largest and most successful electrical contracting companies. Our commitment to empowering people and powering projects is realized by our exceptional team of dedicated and highly skilled experts working together and never settling for good enough. We are proud of the team-oriented and employee-empowered business approach that defines our unique character.
Our Project Manager is responsible for planning, managing, overseeing, and direction of all assigned projects.
DUTIES & SCOPE:
- Develop and build strong teams for each project while delivering quality output, meeting customer expectations, managing to scope, delivering on time, and delivering within budget.
- Drive division profitability through effective project execution.
- Develop and lead project management technical and schedule goals, procurement and contractual requirements, personnel assignments and capacity planning.
- Evaluate and continually improve the systems and processes used by the department to effectively meet customer requirements and profitability goals.
- Manage, mentor, and develop a group of approximately 3 direct and 10 total reports.
- Review the overall contractual requirements for all projects and specific process design methodology for individual projects as required.
- Ensure schedule requirements are met for all projects. Readily adjust priorities and milestones based upon changing customer needs, resource availability, and job requirements.
- Interact with the customer to validate expectations are understood and met after, during and after project completion.
- Provide oversight for third-party construction firms.
- Manage project review process with particular emphasis on financial forecasting.
- Ensure high-quality engineering, studies, and Helix project delivery.
- Proactively and systematically communicate challenges, risks and successes.
- Oversee invoice per project terms and negotiate appropriate change orders.
- At least 5 years of project management experience in electrical commercial/mixed use construction.
- Understand engineering in electric power.
- Field experience coordinating with construction management.
- Extensive knowledge of project scheduling, bids, take-offs, change orders, and contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and assist in winning projects
- Demonstrated ability to run a profitable portfolio.
- Exceptional initiative, execution and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional analytical, motivational, and leadership skills.
- Electrical engineering or Construction Management degrees are strongly preferred.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician's license a plus.
Helix Electric, Inc.Manassas, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.