We are a 10-year-old technology company that provides supply chain management, inventory control, and point of sale systems to our customer base that spans 34 states and 5 countries.
This position is to manage the Support Departments. You will develop an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
The team is responsible for all customer-facing support departments. Technical Support, Customer Onboarding, and Training Support.
The ideal candidate should have experience running a customer and technical support department and will be able to take an in-depth look at our current standard operating procedures and optimize them to create a stronger, modernized support structure.
- This is a working manager position. You will be expected to understand and demonstrate you’re able to perform the same work as your team. Those duties and responsibilities are shown below.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication
- Collaborates with team members and industry experts to resolve complex problems
- Development and ongoing maintenance of industry-standard operating processes and procedures (SOPs)
- Providing remote support on best practices (e.g. harvesting plants, converting inventory, wholesale transfers)
- Installing, testing and configuring new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software
- Utilize ticketing system to monitor, escalate, and assist with customer issues.
- Facilitate server migrations
- Collaborate with team members and industry experts to resolve complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 2 years running of a technical support department or 5 years of relevant experience.
- Must be technically savvy
- Hardware experience (label printers, receipt printers, scales, and scanners)
- SQL, Postgres, AWS experience
- Knowledge and experience supervising employees in a team-oriented workplace preferred
- Proven interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and employee relations
- Flexible schedule to support after-hours maintenance operations
- Experience leading a team within a complex and fast-paced environment
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to focus on the salient facts in order to resolve an issue
- Experience organizing multiple, time-sequenced tasks across several concurrent projects
- Familiar with Google docs & sheets, email
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written