Senior Accountant - WPS
- Posted: over a month ago
Helios has teamed with Washington Professional Systems in their search for a Senior Accountant.
Washington Professional Systems (WPS) is an iconic, family-run AV systems integration company with over 35 years of experience. Our team are experts in their fields and are constantly helping customers solve complex and challenging problems. WPS clients include Fortune 500 companies, professional sports teams, famed international performance venues, recreation and theme parks, and governments at the local, state, and federal levels. WPS is well-respected and known in the industry for producing the highest quality work, regardless of budget or project size.
About the role
Washington Professional Systems is rapidly growing, and as a result we have an exciting need for a Senior Accountant to join our talented and experienced accounting team. This uniquely situated position will office out of our Wheaton, MD location, and the salary is based upon market standard. Initially basic in function, a highly driven and proficient incumbent will be able to learn all facets of the WPS business from an accounting perspective over the course of their career.
In this role, you will ultimately be responsible for providing accounting support to the CFO. This will include managing and overseeing the integrity of our accounting information by researching accounting issues, ensuring necessary compliance requirements are met, and establishing quality controls over financial transactions and reporting.
We are looking for a detailed-oriented senior accountant, who is also able to provide some organization, financial analysis where necessary, as well as grow in their accounting duties along with our organization. In this understanding, basic responsibilities include, but are not limited to performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, researching items/issues impacting financial statements, mentoring, and supervising accounting staff, assisting with quarterly and annual tax preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute monthly accounting close-out activities and deliverables (i.e., journal entries, account reconciliations and reporting)
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation and filing of quarterly and annual taxes
- Reconcile accounts monthly to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Identify and resolve items/issues impacting the financial statements
- Assist with financial audit preparations and audit process
- Maintain proper documentation of monthly data and analysis
- Assist in special projects, process improvement and technical accounting research
- Coordinate deliverables and communicate financial issues to CFO
- Contribute to improving accounting process workflows
- Work directly with AR, AP and our Sales Managers as needed to resolve issues
- Other duties assigned as needed
Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field required (MBA and/or CPA is preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Experience operating in a multi-state and/or complex matrix business environment
- Intermediate/Advanced experience with General Ledger Programs and Financial Reporting applications (Navision)
WPS offers competitive compensation and benefits packages including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
WPS an equal employment opportunity (EOE) and affirmative employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Helios HR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?