Our client is looking for a Benefits Specialist to join the Human Resources team of their Credit Union. This role coordinates the administration of employee benefit programs, communicates benefits' features to employees, and communicates with benefits companies as necessary. This position also reconciles statements and prepares necessary reports and documentation.
- Process benefits; Ensure employee information is accurate, performing updates to personnel records and adding new employees to the HRIS system; Process involuntary/voluntary separations; Complete change requests for benefits and salary.
- Reconcile statements, invoices, general ledgers, and benefits reports; Maintain
documentation, and prepare and distribute correspondence related to benefits; Ensure accurate record keeping and compliance with regulatory agencies, auditors, and federal, state, and local laws pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Provide information and assist employees with questions related to benefits, enrollment, eligibility, plan features, provisions, and other matters related to benefits.
- Responsible for managing the open enrollment portal process each calendar year; Active participant in open enrollment meetings; Assist in the preparation of employee benefit booklets.
- Ensure all required labor and wage notices, posters, and policies are current and made available to all employees.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service and maintaining personal responsibility; Manage complaints and direct to the appropriate party; Resolve benefits issues.
- Required participation in all HR-sponsored events throughout the year.
- Five years or more of benefits administration experience
- Two-year college degree
- Able to create a significant level of trust and diplomacy
- Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Office suite, including advanced proficiency in Excel
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to give presentations for new hires and open enrollment
- Payroll administration experience strongly preferred
- Completion of a specialized course of study in HR such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, CEBS, CPP
- Ulti-Pro experience
Helios HROakton, VA
Get fresh Benefits Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.