My team is currently looking to onboard a senior level controls engineer with a background in automotive manufacturing. This position is open due to an increase in production and capital budget. Controls Engineer will be heavily involved in upgrading and commissioning new production equipment. No travel required!
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technology, or other technical discipline preferred or extensive experience in an automated controls environment (preferred)
- Minimum 3 years experience with PLC & HMI programming
- 1 year experience with robot programming
- Experience with commissioning new equipment into existing manufacturing processes
Job Description: The Controls Engineer is responsible for supporting the development of existing and new automated manufacturing equipment within the facility.
- Develop cost reduction activities for scope of position within individual departments
- Specify and verify controls requirements on new, existing and retrofit equipment
- Document and archive accurate drawings
- Support new equipment controls development through validation, start-up, and continuous process improvement
- Analyze downtime factors, and assist in countermeasures. Document before and after results
- Participate in development of poke-yoke to reduce scrap and quality cost associated with rejected material
This is a long-term position offering paid OT and phenomenal benefit package. We are looking to on-board someone immediately.