Sr. Data Engineer
- Posted: 13 days ago
Who We Are:
Formerly the University of Maryland Global Campus Office of Analytics, HelioCampus was founded in 2015 to further adoption of advanced analytics in higher education. We subsequently acquired ABC Insights and AEFIS to optimize financial decision-making and assessment/accreditation processes, and to provide a more integrated approach to strategic planning and institutional effectiveness. Today HelioCampus is backed by professionals passionate about the impact of innovation on the mission of higher education.
What We Do:
HelioCampus helps colleges and universities measure and evaluate their effectiveness in fulfilling their mission by connecting investments with financial, operational, and student learning outcomes. We help our partners see the pathway to institutional sustainability.
How We Do It:
HelioCampus turns institutional data into a highly effective asset by combining powerful technology platforms with best practices from the field. Our solutions present data in ways that allow higher ed stakeholders to take informed actions and mitigate risk. We couple unmatched institutional expertise with proven data models, insightful workflows and innovative software.
How You'll Help:
You will work on a combination of exciting new projects and initiatives while also working to improve and maintain HelioCampus’ existing solutions (using cloud technologies). You will become an integral part of a fast-growing team of ETL, BI developers, and analysts dedicated to the success of higher education.
What You'll Do:
- Support the data engineering team, business intelligence and analytics team with ETL and data warehouse development, deployment, and testing
- Responsible for supporting planning activities and supporting the on-schedule delivery of various project deliverables
- Recommending and performing changes to enhance the data warehouse data cleansing and conversion processes
- Supports testing and validation of the new data conversion processes
- Provide development support and mentor junior developers
- Participate in production support cycles on a rotational basis with other peers
- Troubleshoot data discrepancy and missing data issues resulting from daily ETL loads
You May Be A Good Fit For This Role If You Have:
- 6+ years in ETL and related experience
- 4+ years leading the design and development of complex solutions
- Experience with data mapping, and the ability to design and develop ETL solutions
Nice to Have’s Include:
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with data warehouse concepts and structures
- Experience in developing complex SQL queries and analyzing data systems integration
- Experience with translation of requirements into data model specifications
- Experience in AWS cloud technologies or another similar platform
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages.
HelioCampus has three locations, Bethesda, MD, Chapel Hill, NC, and Philadelphia, PA. This is a hybrid role. You must live within 100 miles of our Bethesda, MD office or be willing to relocate.
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our technical team working on challenging data integration projects. We value innovative employees who have a sense of ownership in their work and perform well in a fast paced, collaborative team environment.
Compensation and Benefits:
Flexible work schedule, 18 PTO days plus 15 paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage, parental leave, 401K, company-sponsored events, referral program, professional development program, home office perks, and snacks in the office.
What We Believe:
HelioCampus is an equal opportunity employer all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?