Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN
Utica, NY, US
- Licensed practical nurse currently registered by the New York State Education Department
- Experience and or training in the treatment of substance abuse and/or substance dependency preferred
- Basic computer skills required
- This position works in a variety of clinical settings providing medical and counseling services as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Provide client services for medical and health-related issues.
- Monitors and documents clients’ medical status, signs and symptoms of withdrawal and reports to supervisor or medical director.
- Work with other medical staff for continuity of client medical care.
- Communicate with clinical staff regarding client’s medical concerns.
- Work directly with clients in providing medical services and interpreting medical information.
- Provide direct client care of medical assessment, implementation of medical orders, communicable and infectious disease reporting in accordance with the law.
- Provide public health and screening protocols.
- Provide and document medical consultation, assessment, examination, and treatment planning and review consistent with agency policy and requirements
Helio Health provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), parental status, religion, national origin, citizenship, status as a victim of domestic violence, age, military or veteran status, handicap or disability, family medical history or predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, marital status, family status, political affiliation, felony conviction record, status as a victim of a crime, or status as an employee who has complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit, or any other categories, status or activity protected by federal, state or local Law.
Helio HealthFormerly known as Syracuse Behavioral Healthcare, Helio Health is dedicated to transforming the lives of those struggling with substance abuse and mental health disorders. Derived from the ancient Greek word for Sun, “Helio” reflects our mission to be the innovative bright spot on the recovery landscape. Unlike many other providers, we’re dedicated to treating the whole person, not just the symptoms of addiction and mental illness. This includes general healthcare, housing services, training and family support. It’s a comprehensive approach that we believe leads to a more successful transition to a life of healing, hope and recovery.