Maintenance and Facilities Supervisor
- $80,000 to $90,000 Yearly
Maintenance/ Facilities Supervisor
Company Description: As a leading ag tech company, Heliae strives to create a sustainable impact in the quality of our planet. Heliae is today’s science-backed game changing brand that is 100% focused on a journey to delivering microbial-based products that can be used to change the world in this the un decade of ecosystem restoration Heliae® Agriculture is on the path of understanding how a balanced soil microbiome improves overall soil health, structure, water and nutrient efficiency, and plant vigor and marketable yields, even under stressed conditions, thus helping growers’ transition to more regenerative agriculture practices.
Title: Maintenance/ Facilities Supervisor
Basic Function: Supervises, plans and implements all maintenance activities for laboratory, buildings, grounds, pilot plant and production facilities to maximize organizational productivity while adhering and promoting safe practices and procedures, as well as environmental and legal compliance. This is a working hands-on supervisory role.
Reports to: COO
Primary Responsibilities and Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Plan and supervise maintenance of all production, laboratory and facilities in accordance with accepted reliability centered maintenance and Lean Manufacturing principals.
· Supervise staff maintenance personnel.
· Work with engineering to develop, research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet company requirements.
· Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential equipment and choose the most appropriate one.
· Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
· Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
· Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
· Oversee fabrication, installation and development of prototype processes and systems as needed by research/development and production managers and engineers.
· Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
· Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
· Apply principles and practices to development areas such as waste management, water recycling, and sustainable engineering projects.
· Experience in managing small teams of skilled maintenance personnel or technicians.
· Computer competency including engineering tools, specifically ACAD & Solid Modeling computer software (Pro-E, Solidworks, etc.). Additional modeling experience in FEA or thermal modeling is a plus.
· Specific experience in motors and mechanisms, automation, plumbing, and complicated systems integration.
· Ability to establish and improve processes with a combination of practical know-how and good engineering analysis.
· Scale up and fabrication experience.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
· Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Strong team working skills, with an ability to motivate others and to lead or manage teams and projects.
· High level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Adaptable and can switch or change tasks quickly when needed.
· The ability to work 40 or more hours per week.
· The ability to travel to plant site as needed.
· The ability to operate a:
o telephone/cell phone
o fax machine/copier
· The ability to:
· Walk a construction site.
· Sit for extended periods of time (2 hours at a time, 8 hours per day).
· Occasionally (0-33%) lift or carry up to 50 lbs.
· Frequently (34%-66%) perform fine manipulations with hands and fingers.
· See, hear, and speak.
Heliae is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Heliae DevelopmentGilbert, AZ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.