Helena Occupational Therapy Specialists, located in the beautiful capital city of Helena, Montana, is seeking a full time OTR. Helena Occupational Therapy Specialists serves primarily the pediatric population (birth-18 years), and is an outpatient-based setting, offering both community/in home services as well as clinic-based services. The company’s commitment is to deliver high quality services in the location that best fits the client and family needs.
Competitive salary, dependent on education level and applicable experience. Relocation expenses negotiable. Offering continuing education stipend and license fees reimbursement.
This job requires candidates to be able to perform duties that include the following:
- Providing direct patient care, evaluations, consultations and implements the appropriate OT treatment program, according to physician order, to assist patient in reaching the maximum performance within the limits of his/her ability.
- Monitor a patient's activities to make sure they are performing them correctly and safely; and to offer encouragement
- Contribute to meetings and case conferences to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care plans for patients
- Document patient’s daily notes and weekly progress in appropriate records and timely manner
- Maintain the office treatment areas, equipment, and supply inventory
- Instruct patients, their families and any other caregivers in skills and techniques of the patient's treatment program
- Position requires some traveling to serve patients in home/community
- Education: A minimum of a masters degree in OT from a University that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- License or certification: Must be currently licensed in Montana, or capable of obtaining MT license
- Additional certifications: CPR certified, valid driver’s license
- Compassion: Must have a strong desire to provide physical and emotional support.
- Interpersonal Skills: The ability to interact with patients and their families, team members, physicians, and other health care professionals is essential.
- Physical Strength: You must be able to help lift patients and carry equipment/bags, and kneel, stoop, and stand for a significant part of your day.
- Attention to Detail: The ability to precisely follow a treatment plan an OTR has developed is imperative. Strong organization skills.
- Patient confidentiality: Respect for the patient’s privacy and confidentiality regarding medical records
- Perform some administrative tasks as needed