Heila Technologies is looking to hire a driven software developer to accelerate the commercialization of our control and optimization solution, and support a higher adoption of low-carbon, distributed energy resources (DERs).
As a Software Developer at Heila, you will work on next generation optimization and control technologies to enable communication and decision making among a large variety of energy assets such as solar panels, batteries, fuel cells, EV charging stations and more. You'll be working in a fast paced environment, solving challenging problems, leading projects, contributing to company innovation efforts and interacting with state of the art technology in the Energy industry.
First and foremost, an ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn and build software in a collaborative team environment. The following responsibilities are the kinds of things that you would have an opportunity to work on:
- Drive research and development on distributed energy control technology.
- Design and implement customer-facing solutions by maintaining good customer relationship and feedback channels.
- Automate pipelines for continuous deployment, release management and system health monitoring.
- Improve validation tools to ensure that security, safety and quality requirements are met.
- Play a crucial role in product scoping and roadmap / architecture discussions.
- Push company innovation efforts and stay up to date on industry trends and best practices.
- Work with power systems engineers in the field to support deployments.
- 3+ years working in Software with a leadership or solutions-driven role.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Comfortable programming in Java in UNIX environments. Experience with languages such as Python and C/C++.
- Fundamental knowledge of linux operating systems and architecture.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Power Systems, other Engineering
- Experience with systems automation and continuous integration tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI.
- Proficiency in engineering with IOT Linux devices. Knowledge of best practices for IOT security and connectivity resiliency.
- Familiarity with power systems design and troubleshooting.
Heila Technologies is an MIT-born startup - located in Greentown Labs - dedicated to simplifying the integration and operation of individual Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) and microgrids through the commercialization of the Heila IQ Platform, a decentralized optimization solution that reduces system complexity and cost.
From Heila's start, our product has continuously been put to the test. We successfully kept our demonstration site in Sonoma, CA islanded from the grid during the 2017 California Wildfires. In addition to expanding operations across many more sites the US, we monitor, operate and coordinate the islanding of the Sonoma site to this day, as wildfire incidence is rising steadily. For more information visit our website at www.heilatechnologies.com.