We are seeking a Full-time experienced Professional in Accounting. This position is a Senior level Accountant position that will also manage and lead the financial accounting system migration from Deltek’s GCS Premier to MS Dynamic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Senior Accountant
- Identify requirements from each department such that required reports can be easily prepared
- Perform a comprehensive review of the general ledger to ensure completeness of the population
- Look for opportunities to aggregate similar transactions to avoid performing duplicative accounting analyses.
- Create business rules to ensure maximum protection from potential embezzlement
- Communicate regularly with the Key Stakeholders about why we are changing accounting systems, why some of the staff will be expected to provide a lot of support, training the staff to implement the change, ensuring all stakeholders (accounting staff, operations, senior management) are involved in planning the conversion.
- Ensure current accounting procedures are documented
- Review the accounting procedures and provide recommendations as to where changes should be made
- Prepare financial reports
- Data Migration and Implementation
- Lead the implementation and data migration from GCS Premier to MS Dynamics, reporting directly to the President of the company.
- Work with MS Dynamics to review their implementation project plan and approve the tasks and timelines.
- Ensure that a full backup of our current Deltek GCS Premier data is backed up monthly.
- Understand how our business processes link to our accounting structure to implement a smooth conversion.
- Develop mapping algorithms for the data currently maintained in GCS Premier to the new MS Dynamics.
- Test the new system to ensure that the data successfully move accurately.
- Develop a list of regular reports that will be generated and ensure that there are templates developed to run those reports.
- Deliver training on using the system and running reports
Skills and Abilities Required
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Able to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to problem solve and troubleshoot with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to successfully manage client and team interactions, and communication to technical and non-technical audiences
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with five (5) or more years of experience in Accounting
- Functional MS Dynamics experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong computer skills
- Federal Government and/or Federal Government Contractor experience required
- Data migration and implementation experience preferred
- Deltek GCS Premier experience preferred
- Previous controller experience
- IBM Cognos report writing experience
HeiTech Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws