Patient Care Assistant
Hegira Health, Inc. Canton, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
If you believe that you make a difference, we want you to join our team... Hegira Health!
Since 1971 Hegira Health, Inc. (HHI) has been a leader in behavioral healthcare. Today HHI is one of Michigan’s largest freestanding behavioral healthcare organizations, providing a variety of mental health and substance abuse treatment services to individuals of all ages. It is our goal to ensure the availability of quality, individualized, and rapidly accessible integrated, behavioral and primary healthcare services. We are dedicated to meeting the diversified needs of our community.
Oakdale Recovery Center, a division of HHI, is a 45-bed treatment facility for adults with substance use disorders. Located 1.5 miles west of the Michigan Avenue I-275 exit, Oakdale is seeking a full-time and part-time Recovery Technician (Patient Care Attendant). Oakdale Recovery Center is dedicated to assisting persons with substance use and co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders to begin the process of recovery and to regain control over their lives. The treatment program is based on the belief that addiction is a disease that, if left untreated, will progress and worsen. Our treatment approach is based on Stage of Change theory and integrates concepts of therapeutic community, relapse prevention, Motivational Interviewing and supportive psychoeducation.
Oakdale’s Detoxification and Residential programs provide intensive, structured, 24-hour medically monitored services for adults struggling with a wide range of drug, alcohol and mental health concerns. Oakdale Recovery Center provides a disease-specific, person-centered and multidisciplinary approach to care. We offer comprehensive treatment services within a secure and compassionate setting and offer each resident follow along supports that begin with the withdrawal/detoxification process and extend through aftercare following residential treatment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Patient Care Assistant functions as a Recovery Technician and shall have
- A high school diploma or its equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of related work experience is preferred., preferably including interaction with consumers within a behavioral health or substance abuse facility.
- He/she shall be capable of handling patient movement and present a supportive, responsible attitude, which will enhance the treatment atmosphere.
LOCATION(s): Canton, MI with easy access off of I-275 at Michigan Ave
Current open position(s): Full-Time and Part-Time shifts available,
Shift (s): (Afternoon(s) 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm and Midnight(s) 11 pm-7:30 am)
Shift Premium: We offer a 5% shift differential for all hours worked between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m
For Full-time positions:
Hegira offers a competitive benefits package including healthcare benefits, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match, life insurance, wellness incentive, and generous paid time off benefits. As a 501c (3) organization, Hegira employees are eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program for student loans. HHI also offers regular in-house training opportunities.
For Part-time positions:
Hegira Health, Inc. offers our part-time staff competitive wages and the opportunity to participate in our 403(b) retirement savings plan with eligibility for employer matching and discretionary contributions HHI promotes wellness through an annual wellness incentive reimbursement program for participation in healthy activities such as exercise and fitness programs or health education.As a 501c (3) organization, Hegira employees are eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program for student loans. HHI also offers regular in-house training opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Recovery Technician Duties:
- Assist in the delivery of primary patient care, specifically:
- Interact with the patients in a professional manner.
- Make beds (where applicable).
- Assist coworkers during meal prep and distribution
- Promote personal hygiene.
- Monitor Consumers’ whereabouts at all times and document as needed on appropriate forms
- Ensure daily food counts to caterer are timely and accurate.
- Measure and record patient vital signs
- Maintain a clean, organized, and welcoming front desk
- Answer incoming calls and transfer to correct extension.
- Maintain the supplies for the unit, including linen.
- Restock and gather linens for laundry service pick up
- Maintain the linen storage room in compliance with health standards.
- Complete search of personal belongings.
- Orient patient to facility.
- Complete admission consent forms with Consumer.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- similar work in a behavioral health environment: 1 year (Required)
- working in other crisis or inpatient facilities: 1 year (Preferred)