Education Sales Consultant (Onsite)
- Posted: over a month ago
Heggerty seeks an experienced Education Sales Consultant to join our growing team in Oak Park, Illinois!
The Education Sales Consultant works to achieve defined sales revenue targets for their assigned territory. The Education Sales Consultant also identifies the needs of customers and prospects by building collaborative relationships with senior decision-makers in K-12 districts and industry leaders.
Heggerty is a literacy education company providing the #1 phonemic awareness curriculum for preschool and elementary classrooms. Founded nearly 20 years ago by Dr. Michael Heggerty, a reading instruction pioneer, we provide digital and print curriculum, classroom resources, and professional development to help educators empower the next generation of readers. The Heggerty curriculum can be found worldwide and we are proud to partner with more than half of all school districts in the U.S. to transform the way children learn to read.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a strategic sales plan
- Strategically and creatively manage opportunity pipeline
- Develop and maintain industry knowledge
- Utilize CRM to track pipeline information related to sales opportunities and maintain all sales-related progress in CRM for a given territory
- Maintain existing relationships with customers and channel customer feedback appropriately
- Communicate regularly with Manager and other members of the sales team
- Timely follow up to all phone and email communication regarding potential sales opportunities, document and keep track of all communication
- Communicate on a regularly scheduled basis with clients within the territory regarding new products, renewals, and overall experience
- Strategic travel to clients throughout the assigned territory, as needed
- Curiosity, empathy, and a passion for our mission
- 1-3 years of experience in sales with a track record of success required; education sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of educational structures preferred
- Ability to sell to multiple decision-makers at various levels preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM solution preferred
- Demonstrated ability to generate new business and relationship building required
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k with 4% employer match
- Generous time off options, including 10+ paid holidays
- Strong emphasis on work-life balance
- Hybrid work schedule (1 day remote, 4 days in office)
- $60,000 to $80,000 plus commission
AddressOak Park, IL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?