Resident Programs Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
The Resident Programs Specialist supports the programming team in the creation and operationalization of vibrant programs throughout Orchard Cove based on “what matters most” to each resident and the broader community. Through demonstrated exceptional creativity, exceptional customer service, keen attention to detail and a passion for providing innovative service, the Resident Programs Specialist serves as core member of the programming team with a primary focus in the Commons Residence and Enhanced Living communities. This role serves as the leader for creating 1-1 opportunities and facilitating small groups which create meaning and purpose for all residents in these communities. This role helps inspires and teaches other staff to take active roles in creating an engaging and purpose filled living environment for all.
- Develop and facilitate programs based on “what matters most” to each resident who resides on the Commons Residence.
- Inspire and activate the broader team in engaging in meaningful ways with residents who reside on the Commons Residence in a way that adds joy, meaning and purpose to reach resident’s day.
- Identify, plan for and follow through on therapeutic goals and objectives as established by the inter-disciplinary team.
- Co-create and facilitate opportunities which foster a vibrant platform of life on Enhanced Living.
- Co-create with the programming team, meaningful events and holiday celebrations across Orchard Cove.
- Serve as a positive and proactive member of the team fostering new ideas
- Assist with set-ups (physical spaces and AV needs), break-downs and transportation to and from programs throughout the Commons Residence.
- Facilitate residents who live on Enhanced Living and Commons Residence in accessing meaningful programming throughout Orchard Cove.
- Create and disseminate communication of all daily and monthly events, through the in-house TouchTown system & daily/monthly calendars. Ensure that all communication is accurate and up to date daily.
- Responsible for completion of all program invoices and tracking of expenses in the department ledger
- Serve as part of the interdisciplinary team to share and receive feedback to and from residents and those who matter most to them in care plan meetings and spontaneous conversations.
- Complete all required assessments and documentation as directed.
- Meet and complete other expectations and tasks as assigned, and as the needs and preferences of the Orchard Cove community grow and develop.
- Excellent customer service skills and a desire to develop meaningful relationships with residents and staff, and external relationships with vendors and performers
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with an openness to learn new technology
- Desire and ability to creatively problem solve, always with a positive and optimistic attitude
- Proactive drive to exceed expectations of all customers – residents, families and vendors
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Exudes a confident and professional approach in all verbal and written communication. Strong writing skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment.
- College Degree or equivalent professional experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating meaningful experiences for individuals with advanced symptoms of dementia
- Experience and comfort leading singing and/or playing music is strongly preferred.
- Must be empathic, creative, enthusiastic, and patient.
- Must demonstrate cultural humility and multi-cultural awareness.
- Demonstrate flexibility, adjusting behavior, style or schedule as circumstances change.
- Prior experience with basic budget keeping and bill processing preferred.
- 3-5 years of customer service experience, preferably dealing directly with older adults
- Must care deeply about supporting individuals in living their best life as they age.
Hebrew SeniorLife requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment. All new hires must be fully vaccinated, which includes any recommended COVID-19 boosters, before their start date. Any exemption requests for medical or religious reasons will be considered on a case by case basis and must be processed prior to any start date.
Hebrew SeniorLife is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?