Join the Hebrew SeniorLife Culinary Services team at NewBridge on the Charles in Dedham!
At NewBridge, we are passionate about Healthy Eating. We value and encourage our culinary staff's creativity and strive to create striking presentations and delicious flavors. Each meal is designed to bring both excitement and good health.
What’s in it for you:
- Shorter shifts (last shift completes at 8:30PM)
- Team camaraderie
- Tuition assistance
- Annual scholarship
- FREE PARKING!
- Excellent medical and dental benefits, along with a robust fitness and wellness program, available on your first day
- Generous Earned Time Programs designed to deliver peace of mind, and balance to you and your family
- 9 paid holidays or holiday incentives
- Opportunities for advancement
- Organization that’s one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work
- Free shuttle service from Forest Hills Station
What we’re looking for:
- Strong with a customer focus and communication skills
- Someone that loves to make every encounter with a resident a meaningful experience
- Someone ready to provide the highest quality of service
- Someone with a desire to learn the art of food serving in upscale environment
- Perform clerical tasks on a daily basis according to weekly schedule or as directed, including job assignments and activity reports.
- Ensure the establishment of procedures and methods for restaurant operations. Coordinate activities with other food service units as requested.
- Ensure that all staff and operations are following established guidelines in the areas of personal hygiene, safety, uniforms, sanitation, cash handling, equipment upkeep, customer service and food presentation
- Conduct weekly meetings with staff to coordinate Department’s efforts so that customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Assist in running a 52 seat assisted living dining room, a memory support unit, a retail bistro and an ice-cream & coffee shop.
- Ensure that through pre-meal meetings that all staff is well versed on the daily menu, portion sizes and presentation. Develop and implement an interactive customer feed back program.
- Conduct orientation of new staff. Develop and implement an on-the-job training program.
- Counsel and instruct employees as necessary.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of assigned staff’s and assignments.
- Manage absences and shortages in such a way as to maintain service while keeping overtime to an absolute bare necessity.
- Communicate regularly and effectively to the staff to ensure that they know, understand and follow all Department and Center policies and procedures.
- Promote effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary relationships, maintaining professional conduct at all times. Identify and resolve interpersonal conflicts constructively. Demonstrate a positive, supportive attitude towards all. Display patience and tact when dealing with all Center personnel. Present department in a positive manner when dealing with visitors, residents and staff. Consistently maintain a courteous and pleasant attitude toward visitors, residents and staff. Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Responsible for the execution of all assigned catered events including over-seeing set-up and break down.
Position requires a High School Diploma. College Degree Preferred. Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with customers. Ability to write letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Requires management and leadership skills and the ability to work with confidential employee, client information.
Hebrew SeniorLife is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR