Elementary General Education Teacher (2023-2024)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
General Education Teacher
Start Date: Immediate
Location: 3300 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
Network Website: www.hebrewpublic.org
School Website: www.philadelphiahebrewpublic.org
About the Organization:
Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens Hebrew Public is a national network of diverse public charter schools that teach Modern Hebrew to children of all backgrounds and prepare them to be successful global citizens. Our schools are models of racial and economic integration, academic excellence, and world language learning. Our schools maintain a focus on global citizenship which leads to our students becoming empathetic, ethical, intellectually curious young adults committed to solving the world's problems. Hebrew Public schools offer partial immersion programs in Modern Hebrew with an accompanying focus on the study of Israel.
Hebrew Public's network currently has thirteen schools (eight elementary and five middle schools) in four states and the District of Columbia, serving more than 3,800 students. In NYC, we serve as the Charter Management Organization for schools in Brooklyn, Harlem, Staten Island and Philadelphia.
The network's first school in Philadelphia, Philadelphia Hebrew Public, opened in 2019, serving 156 students in Kindergarten and 1st grade. The school will expand to 5th grade in 2023-24 and will add a grade level each year until it ultimately serves grades K to 8 in the 2026-27 school year. PHP provides students with a sophisticated core curriculum in English Language Arts, mathematics, Modern Hebrew, the sciences, social studies, art, and physical education.
About the Position:
This is an exciting time to join Philadelphia Hebrew Public in its fifth year.
Join a remarkable community of educators and social change-makers who are passionate about meaningful integration and global education and are relentlessly committed to ensuring students from all backgrounds attain high levels of academic achievement. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it. We are seeking a driven General Education Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year that operates with a high sense of urgency and possesses a strong work ethic. Candidates for this position do NOT need to speak Hebrew. The School is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body. The school is eager to consider applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Job Responsibilities and Characteristics:
- Produce quality Common Core aligned lesson plans that strive for higher-level objectives while accommodating all learning styles;
- Analyze and regularly review student assessment data from a variety of sources – both formally and informally - to drive curricular and pedagogical choices and adjustments;
- Maximize learning time through effective classroom management;
- Provide an inviting, exciting, learning environment using varied instructional techniques and developmentally appropriate strategies;
- Mastery/deep knowledge in instructional subject area, with an undergraduate major or minor or graduate degree in the subject;
- Evidence of student achievement growth in previous teaching roles;
- Strong desire to collaborate with other faculty and instructional leaders to discuss student work and ensure curricular coherence;
- Strong desire to engage families through intentional relationship building and ongoing communication;
- Passion for his/her subject and the ability to connect with and motivate, individually and collectively, a diverse group of students;
- A strong commitment to all students with the belief that all students can learn and must be held to high academic standards;
- Boundless energy and enthusiasm for working with students and other adults in the building;
- Commitment to professional growth through self-reflection, receptiveness to feedback and a continuous desire to improve; and
- Demonstrate a solutions-oriented mindset and flexible thinking when faced with challenges.
- A person who believes in the critical importance of diversity in the life of a school
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required; Masters degree preferred
- Elementary and/or Middle School teaching experience preferred
- Hold PA teacher certification or working towards certification is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Legally authorized to work in the USA
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive, equitable, and commensurate with experience. Starting salaries range from $50,000-$76,000 based on experience and qualification.
Potential benefits* include:
- Employer-Paid Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Savings and Employer Matching Programs
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Global Travel Experiences
*Benefits packages vary depending on the role.
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Candidates of color and those from backgrounds that are underrepresented in school leadership roles are particularly encouraged to apply.
Hebrew PublicPhiladelphia, PA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.