Medical Assistant, Urgent Care
Urgent Care, Apache Junction
Heavens Urgent Care is looking for a versatile team-oriented tech for our new Urgent Care!
The Medical Assistant will perform duties for front and back office as needed to facilitate patient flow and patient care. The Medical Assistant will prepare patients for continued medical evaluation by physicians, physician assistants and advanced registered nurse practitioners by taking a brief history, establishing vital signs, recording appropriate documentation on approved Heavens Urgent Care forms and systems. Must be able to recognize levels of acuity allowing appropriate medical intervention when necessary.
1. Room patients, Obtains and accurately documents patient vital signs and weight, takes brief history, past medical, family and social history, current mediations, allergies and other pertinent historical information as appropriate
2. Ability to assist registrars to triage and check patients in and out at the front desk to ensure patient flow
3. Consistently communicates with patients on wait times; provides direction to patient in the treatment process
4. Provides solutions to patient problems and recognizes and seeks help in emergent/ hazardous situations
5. Provides timely follow up regarding lab and x-ray results
6. Administer any medication as ordered by provider and within your certification; Laboratory duties- Perform CLIA-waived in-house lab tests, collect and label specimens for any send out labs
7. Ensures that equipment is in proper working order and reports any malfunctions to the Center Manager or designee on duty
8. Follows documentation procedures and completes required paperwork related to patient visit
9. Maintains examination room and stocks if necessary
10. Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and patient confidentiality policies
11. Phlebotomy, injections, medical procedures and laboratory procedures appropriate for level of training under the direction of a clinician
12. Maintains an upbeat attitude and put patients at ease, fostering positive patient relationships
13. Acts with honesty and integrity in all business transactions, including, but not limited to, employment applications/resumes, patient records, time records, and financial transactions
Clinic Hours are 8am to 8pm, Monday - Sunday
This position is full time with 12 hour shifts
- High School diploma or equivalent
- MA Certification
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with practice management software and overall knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
Heavens Medical, PLC
Why Work Here?
Wonderful coworkers, and management that treats you like family! Lots of room for growth and flexibility.
Apache Junction, AZ