The Regional Operations Manager (ROM) is responsible for leading and managing the overall operations and profitability of multiple Sales Centers in a designated Region of the Company. Each Sales Center is a large, established wholesale HVAC distributorship that carriers multiple brands of equipment, parts and supplies. The ultimate goal of this role is to successfully manage the daily operations of all facets of the multiple Sales Centers.
- Represent GEMAIRE as a leader in the industry ensuring maximum sales, profitability and operational function.
- Provide instruction, training and guidance to the operations of Sales Centers; including Warehouse, Receiving/Shipping, Delivery, Fleet Drivers, Showroom, Warranty, Counter Sales and Inside Sales personnel.
- Manage, motivate, measure and increase production of the Region.
- Educate Sales Center Managers on inventory management performance topics as associated to cycle count variances, scrapped inventory, pending warranty items, IOT shipments, reserved sales orders passed time limit, fillable backorders, negative on-hand items and bin location management. Train underperforming Sales Centers on proper techniques to achieve higher performance results.
- Coach Sales Center Managers on daily and weekly duties as it pertains to operational checklists while maintaining a high customer service level amongst all Sales Center employees.
- Assist and train Sales Center employees on the process of merchandising products and conducting open houses or ‘Counter Days.’ Support Marketing Manager on any sales/marketing promotion as it pertains to operations.
- Support implementation of any new or modified products, policies and procedures issued by corporate departments and/or Division President.
- Manage capital expenditure requests as related to bids on jobs and/or merchandise to purchase.
- Review weekly reports on action slow and damaged inventory performance with Regional and Sales Center Managers while making suggestions to any underperforming locations.
- Conduct training meetings/conference calls with all Regional and Sales Center Managers to review current topics and/or issues as they relate to the Centers; coordinate with the Division President to prepare and conduct annual managerial training conferences.
- Regularly attend Regional Sales meetings to keep abreast of current sales initiatives; ride with Regional and Territory Sales Managers while visiting customers to review and resolve any operational topics and/or issues.
- Work with Division President on the selection of new Sales Center locations and remodels.
- Responsible for regional P&L.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5-10 years operational experience in the HVAC industry and product lines associated with HVAC; experience managing wholesale HVAC equipment supply houses.
- Proficiency in air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment at a wholesale distribution level.
- 3-5 years of experience in residential and commercial contractor relationships.
- Proven success in operations and leadership roles.
- Proven success in managing and mentoring other employees while establishing operational goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills including operational analytics, problem solving and customer service are absolutely required.
- Ability to analyze sales and market data.
- Ability to read and interpret P&L statements.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment with skills to multi-task on different levels.
- Ability to give quality presentations.
- Ability to work independently, but meet assigned goals and objectives in designated time frames.
- Must possess the attitude of wanting to learn, teach and lead.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
******No Agencies Please******