Showroom Sales Supervisor (Sausalito)
- $27 to $29 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Heath Ceramics is a California company making dinnerware and architectural tiles of good and enduring design for over 75 years. We are design-led, with the mission of creating products of beauty and integrity, while designing, manufacturing, and running our business in a way that's better for society and our planet. Our products are designed, manufactured, and sold in our two California factories and four showrooms, ensuring accountability in our process, from beginning to end. As a Certified B Corp, we maintain high standards of social responsibility, environmental performance, and transparency. We believe in the benefits of local manufacturing and support a community of people committed to and inspired by the process of designing, making, and sharing. We believe in providing a living wage, full health and welfare benefits, and a place for meaningful work.
Our clientele at Heath ranges from architects and designers to chefs, design-savvy shoppers, out-of-towners and gift registrants. Our ideal candidate has an open, friendly demeanor, an appreciation for Heath Ceramics and an eagerness to learn more about the rich history of our company and designs. They will have an eye for detail and will be able to create a store environment that surprises and delights our customers each time they walk through our doors.
Working at Heath means appreciating that selecting dinnerware can be very personal, as it represents family, friendship, tradition and important gatherings. The Showroom Supervisor supports the Showroom management team at our Sausalito location particularly in the areas of customer service, in preparing the store for business each day, closing procedures, and stock handling. This role sits between the sales team and the manager and should represent to the sales associates the highest example in all areas of the sales associate role.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Greet and assist customers, and respond to questions or complaints
- Supervise associates in making sales and helping customers
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed including store security
- Handle all POS procedures and establish client history to build a customer database
- Examine merchandise to ensure quality, display, and functionality
- Support the Showroom Manager with cycle counts, transfer receiving, pricing updates, handling products, and minimizing shrink
- Ensure store standards are met and maintained, i.e., visuals, maintenance, cleanliness, signage, safety, and ensure associates comply with all company policies and procedures
- Onboard and train new team members
- Set daily sales targets for the team and work alongside staff to achieve the goals
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of retail sales experience
- 2+ years of sales supervisory or managerial experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coach and motivate a team to exceed sales results
- Ability to engage and speak to customers and understand their needs
Work Environment/Hours/ Compensation
This position is a full-time, non-exempt role that will be onsite at our Sausalito Showroom and Factory. Candidates must have weekend availability and be able to work 5 days a week. This position pays $27 -$29 hourly, based on experience. This role reports to the Showroom Manager.
Only Bay Area candidates will be considered.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, reach and grasp 30 lbs of ceramic dinnerware/tile and to push/pull carts and bins of merchandise repeatedly throughout the day
- Ability to see and distinguish between patterns and colors
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
We are committed to your health and well-being. Heath offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes a choice of medical plans, dental, vision, acupuncture and chiropractic, as well life insurance. An annual 401(k) contribution that grows with job tenure. We offer a generous time-off allocation and a great discount on all Heath Ceramics products.
Proud Equal Opportunity Employer
At Heath, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it. Heath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter that speaks directly to the position. Thank you for your interest!
Heath CeramicsSausalito, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.