Mechanical Engineer - Manufacturers Rd. Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BUILT TO CONNECT
Astec is a global, environmentally focused infrastructure and manufacturing company of asphalt road building and aggregate processing. Our mission is to design and build the most innovative products for the industries we serve. Leveraging innovative solutions and technologies, we serve customers all over the world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Under general supervision execute projects that require the creation and evaluation of original design. Participate in the analysis and validation of design and theoretical concepts, working from and adapting a wide range of established research techniques.
- Identifying deficiencies in mechanical processes and developing improvements
- Supervising the development of computer-aided design (CAD) project drawings from junior team members
- Create accurate project specifications.
- Assist in design, development, implementation and analysis of technical products and systems.
- Drives continuous improvement by managing projects and recommending techniques to enhance equipment/system/process robustness
- Preparing documentation of critical analysis and providing suggestions for correcting errors
- Look for opportunities to incorporate new technologies into existing automation that will decrease cost and increase reliability
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Designing, developing and testing prototypes
- Participate and contribute to product design meetings including product specifications, material selection, 3D CAD models, and detailed 2D drawings.
- Conduct design for manufacture assessments involving manufacturing expertise to ensure that final design will support lean manufacturing principles, build quantity, cost, and performance requirements.
- Develop design concepts to meet cost objectives and, interface with vendors and suppliers to locate and approve components.
- Creative thinking and innovation
- Advance problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate technical and written skills via generating and filing reports of design analyses for future reference and demonstrate interpersonal skills via preparing and presenting findings.
- Proficient in promoting a safe and healthy work environment.
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
- Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Maintain cleanliness in designated workspace by practicing 6S principles to reduce safety risks.
To be successful in this role, your experience and competencies are:
- A bachelor’s degree preferred in, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, a related field or equivalent and/or combination of training and experience detailed in the “Levels of the Engineer position.”
- Expertise in solid works, 3D models and 2D drawings, GD&T, ASME/ANSI standards
- Maintain positive, collaborative working relationships by engaging with various personalities including customers, vendors, co-workers, and management while working both individually and as part of a team.
- Must be able to take on more complex and advanced engineering projects while balancing project management responsibilities.
- Proven ability to influence, lead teams, and drive change.
- Skill in working efficiently and accurately to keep up with engineering, sales, and production requirements.
- Flexible and adaptable in prioritizing workloads, coping with pressure, deadlines, and rapidly changing situations.
- Proven results with creation and maintenance of engineering design standards and drawing standards.
- Ability to attract and retain engineering talent.
- Customer-oriented, with the ability to represent Peterson engineering ideas, and designs to non-technical audiences.
- Extensive cross functional team experience including technical and non-technical work.
- Proficient in a combination of the following software packages, or equivalent: MS Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, and Dynamics AX), AutoDesk Design Suite ( e.g. AutoCAD, Inventor, Nastran In-CAD, 3DS Max, and AutoCAD Electrical),
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a creative thinker, results-oriented, analytical mindset, and a focused problem-solver.
Supervisor and Leadership Expectations
Our Culture and Values
Employees that become part of Astec embody the values below throughout their work.
- Continuous devotion to meeting the needs of our customers
- Honesty and integrity in all aspects of business
- Respect for all individuals
- Preserving entrepreneurial spirit and innovation
- Safety, quality and productivity as means to ensure success
NOTE: This position responsible for certain internal control responsibilities. These internal control responsibilities are verbally communicated to the incumbent and periodic feedback is provided as it relates to the performance of these internal control responsibilities.
Shop manufacturing environment exposures include exposure to moving mechanical parts, machinery, tools and equipment, vibration, fumes or airborne particles, motorized vehicles, welding and machining operations, outside weather conditions and exposure to the risk of electric shock. The employee may occasionally be exposed to varying levels of dirt, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, very warm and/or very chilly temperatures. The noise level in the shop can be very loud at times consistent with an industrial assembly facility and may require hearing protection. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Astec does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender (sex), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, citizenship status, a person’s veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law or executive order.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Heatec, Inc.