Industrial Design Engineer
Heatec, Inc. Yankton, SD
- Posted: over a month ago
We are Astec Innovation Services and will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun. As Industrial Design Manager, you will be driven by delivering the million dollar equipment experience to our customers. The Industrial Design Manager will build the bridge between the function and feel (form or esthetics) of Astec equipment, now and in the future. You will have extensive insight and knowledge of production methods and materials. You are passionate about communicating through concepts and that lead to innovation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Astec in the strategic development of our industrial design approach and assist teams in execution by engaging as the corporate subject matter expert.
- Develop and implement Corporate Trade and Dress / Astec Equipment DNA standards, requirements and practices.
- Work closely with process partners in Product Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sales in developing new products.
- Interpret voice of customer and voice of business into actionable concepts and progressions.
- Mentor and train engineers and product managers in the philosophy and requirements of industrial design.
- Serve as a design leader in collaboration with creative organizations outside the company when needed.
- Collaborate with leadership in Product Management, Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing giving direction to advance the best design practices in alignment with established Astec corporate business strategies in employing Corporate Trade and Dress Standards.
- Create standards and processes that allow engineers to evaluate design ideas based on factors such as appearance, ergonomics, design-function relationships, and materials to determine if a design meets customer experience expectations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- A degree in Industrial/Product Design Engineering.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- History translating voice of customer into product design/human interface requirements.
- Experience in New Product Development efforts.
- Knowledgeable in the selection and application materials and manufacturing processes.
- Creative and courageous communicator, willing to innovate and think outside-the-box.
- Strong project management and quantitative skills; highly process-oriented.
- Excellent time and task management skills.
- Ability to function successfully both independently and cross functionally.
- Support for Astec’s core values, mission statement and vision statement.
- Up to 25% travel to division and customer locations.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Heatec, Inc.