Administrative Assistant - Product Support - Riverside
- Expired: May 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Astec is a global, environmentally focused infrastructure and manufacturing company of asphalt road building and aggregate processing. Our mission is to design and build the most innovative products for the industries we serve. Leveraging innovative solutions and technologies, we serve customers all over the world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is responsible for office operations, procedures, and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Person must maintain a good work ethic and environment built on teamwork and continuous improvement. Responsible for all tasks associated with maintaining and organizing all office support functions associated with the Service Department.
- Ensure that the day- to-day operations align with the organization's objectives.
- Develop processes and procedures that ensure efficient and cost-effective running of the Service department and helping in supporting all of Product support.
- Support different departments within the organization.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative activities, such as records maintenance, documents preparation and mail distribution.
- Provide support to company operations by maintaining office systems.
- Maintain inventory and conduct purchasing of all office supplies and process purchase requests from employees.
- Reviews, reconciles and approves Service Technicians and Parts Sales personnel expense reports.
- Coordinates schedules and makes travel arrangements when necessary.
- Performs work according to supervisor's directives when requested.
- Provides Accounting with equipment start-up reports for commissions and warranty purposes
- Provides a report to accounting with monthly expenses accrual.
- Maintains employee uniform tracking for shop and external employees for Operations.
- Process all PDO forms and medical excuses for Service Technicians and service staff.
- Liaison with HR and others at Manufacturers Rd. to assure communications are being distributed and posted.
- Enters equipment sales orders and BOL in Microsoft AX, SharePoint, and Oracle.
- Helps on dispatching duties for all CMS technicians
- Maintains all vehicle maintenance, milage and tags on all CMS company vehicles. This includes managing the ELD software for tracking vehicles to ensure all drivers are within compliance. Reports all information to the corporate office.
- Ensures that all new Service Technicians are properly onboarded and trained with the skills needed to ensure timely service reports, expenses and labor hours.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions and other information.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and monitor procedures for record keeping
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate filling and organization of all correspondence and submissions
- Provide other administrative support activities, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, research and creating reports.
- Ensure that all MRO purchase orders are properly filled out and being charged to the correct accounting codes.
To be successful in this role, your experience and competencies are:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ Years of office administration experience
- Knowledge of Office Administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
Supervisor and Leadership Expectations
Our Culture and Values
Employees that become part of Astec embody the values below throughout their work.
- Continuous devotion to meeting the needs of our customers
- Honesty and integrity in all aspects of business
- Respect for all individuals
- Preserving entrepreneurial spirit and innovation
- Safety, quality and productivity as means to ensure success
Travel Requirements: % of travel, regional, international
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of injury in an office environment and occasionally a manufacturing shop plant environment. Duties include a typical office setting including extensive computer work, sitting or standing. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Astec does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender (sex), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, citizenship status, a person's veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law or executive order.
BusinessView all jobs at Heatec, Inc.