Heatcon Inc Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the effective management of the purchasing department. Directs and coordinates the procurement and distribution of a wide range of materials, components, supplies, and services essential to the manufacturing operation. Responsible for management and maintenance of purchasing related quality procedures and requirements. Manages supplier quality, delivery and cost and reports results to management team regularly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs ordering of products, materials, and services determined by demand generated within the ERP system, based on production schedules, planning and sales forecasts, and requisitions.
- Interfaces with Engineering to establish new product needs and sources as necessary.
- Investigates new developments in materials and supplies; make recommendations on improving the quality and cost of purchases.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability.
- Outsources all fabrication and machining requirements for standard products as well as special projects and related subcontract operations.
- Evaluates supplier relationships and proposals while negotiating lowest cost, highest quality, and favorable terms.
- Solicits and evaluates proposals using appropriate negotiation techniques and cost/price analysis.
- Flows down quality requirements to suppliers and assures compliance with AS9100/9120 requirements.
- Monitors suppliers and prepares monthly reports for on-time delivery and quality performance.
- Holds suppliers accountable to Heatcon quality and on-time performance goals, issuing warning letters and CAPA’s when necessary.
- Ensures deliveries are on schedule, meet negotiated pricing, and are at quality standards, working with suppliers to achieve resolution for late deliveries and defective or unacceptable goods.
- Creates, maintains, and updates item master, supplier master, and supplier price list information, maintaining ERP system integrity.
- Creates and maintains procedural documentation supporting quality control and certifications.
- Contributes to management teambuilding and fosters an environment that encourages employee involvement.
- Ensures effective training of department employees on purchasing functions and procedures, departmental safety, and the Quality Policy Manual as it pertains to the purchasing department.
- Collaborates with other department managers as needed.
- Submits management status reports and KPI progress to the management team as required.
Effectively manage, motivate, coach, and mentor Purchasing Agents. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising and writing performance evaluations; rewarding and disciplining employees; documenting feedback, coaching and discipline; addressing complaints; and resolving problems in the purchasing department while maintaining constant communication and keeping Human Resources apprised of personnel issues. Support management decisions and convey a positive image of the overall management team. Contribute to management teambuilding and foster an environment that encourages employee involvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) and five years of managerial-level purchasing or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have 5 years of experience with outsourcing fabrication, machining and special processes and have the ability to interpret engineering drawings.
Must have subjective analysis and reasoning ability, and an understanding of inventory management.
Experience in aerospace manufacturing is a plus.
Proficient with a personal computer, word processing programs, spreadsheets, and presentation software and ability to type.
Experience with Epicor software is highly desirable.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional reports and documents, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively prepare and present information to subordinate employees, management, customers, and the board of directors. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Must be able to write professional reports, documentation, and correspondence. Must have effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
Ability to apply concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, and statistics and their applications to calculate, interpret, and present purchasing materials or vendor contracts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, balance, sit for prolonged periods, speak clearly, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to use fingers, hands, and arms to manipulate and shuffle documents, use writing instruments, and type on a keyboard. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounSafety Rules
Employees are required to know and abide by all safety rules and programs. Employees must observe and practice safe working conditions and report any condition that does not meet safety standards. Under state law, employees have a duty to immediately report all accidents to their employer. Work areas should be kept clean and well-organized.
Drug-free working environment. Usual office conditions.
HEATCON is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability. Applicants are considered based on knowledge, skills and abilities, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
BusinessView all jobs at Heatcon Inc