Human Resource Assistant
Hearts & Hands of Care, Inc Wasilla, AK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BASIC FUNCTION : Performs a variety of HR and administrative functions. Assist with HR and office operations, maintain employee files and data base, and ensure employees are in compliance with certifications and Xerox.
SCOPE OF WORK : Assist and coordinate with office activities to ensure and achieve maximum expense control and productivity. Assist with developing procedures for the office activities, such as filing, record maintenance, and inactive files. Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain an understanding of each HR/Office functional area
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Hire employees and process hiring-related paperwork.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
- Contact job applicants to inform them of the status of their applications.
- Interview job applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, or job skills.
- Ensure program compliance, safety procedures contracts, state and federal regulations.
- Maintain employee files to insure they are in compliance with the Agency and DSDS regulations.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Organize and prioritize large volume of information and assignments, including paper and electronic filing through network server.
- Work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects when necessary
- Projects a positive image of organization and conduct one’s self professionally at all times, when dealing with internal and external colleagues, consistent with the values and culture of the organization.
- Conduct reference or background checks on job applicants
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Assist HR Manager, CEO, Executive Director as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES ;
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service
- Must have knowledge of the HIPAA laws of 1996 to maintain and safeguard confidential medical and personal records
- Multi-line phone, copiers and fax machines
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to consistently be at work and on time
- Ability to maintain a confidential working relationship
- Excellent personal organizational skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain a positive attitude
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years in HR experience preferred
- Must be at least eighteen years of age and have a valid Alaska Drivers License
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrative poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in accounting, word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to work in an office setting
- Position may require extended hours including evenings and weekends.
- Monday thru Friday
- Competitive with Benefits
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of an employee in this position. HAHOC reserves the right to require that other tasks be performed when warranted (for example by emergencies, changes in personnel or workload, corporate reorganization, or technical development).
Hearts & Hands Of Care, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, and parenthood.
Powered by JazzHR
Hearts & Hands of Care, Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Hearts & Hands of Care, Inc