Heartland Payments Systems is known for our integrity, honesty and transparent business practices. We are interested in individuals who possess similar attributes. If you are committed, driven, resilient, aware and respectful – Heartland is the place for you! Heartland’s culture is unique in the industry and the #1 reason you should join our Team - how we operate as a company, who we are in the marketplace and the quality of sales professionals who are part of the Heartland Team.
As a consultative outside-sales professional, the Relationship Manager is responsible for driving revenue growth and bringing in net new business from prospects. This role set appointments with business owners to educate them about Heartland’s payment processing solution(s). RMs do this by prospecting over the phone, face-to-face, through their networks, and building referral partnerships. These positions are compensated with one time commission, residuals and ownership. The compensation is highly leveraged with the opportunity for creating passive income while working flexible hours.
Your role as a Relationship Manager is to close sales of our business solutions with merchants throughout the area. As a Relationship Manager with Heartland, you will run scheduled appointments, uncover needs, and present Heartland solutions to close sales in our target vertical markets (restaurants, retail, medical, lodging, auto repair, salons, etc.). A Relationship Manager reports to a Division Manager and receives coaching from a Territory Manager.
During the training/ramp-up period, your DM or TM will accompany you on your initial appointments to train you on our short-cycle sales process using Atlas, our groundbreaking tablet-based CRM platform for lead generation, sales presentations, on the spot client financial analysis, and paperless contract processing. You will then have the freedom to set your own work schedule while working remotely and maximizing the upside of 100% commission and residuals on the business you bring in.
- Prospect and close new merchant accounts consistently month after month.
- Provide after-sales service for the duration of a merchant relationship with HPS unless alternative arrangements have been made with reporting manager
- Market additional HPS products and services when introduced under company guidelines
- Travel to and from client sites within a designated, geographical territory
- Initiate contact with each customer a minimum of four times per year
- Respond to all sales leads within the required response time and work to solidify and close the sale. Report the results on a regular basis as defined
- Overcome customer objections, issues or concerns as necessary to solidify the merchant relationship. Candidate should have the ability to obtain a higher value from merchants based on the value-added benefits offered by the product/service
- Assess customers’ needs and identify the product/service that best meets the needs
- Forecast merchants’ transaction volumes within acceptable levels of accuracy
- Gain a full understanding of all hardware, software, and reporting offered by Heartland, and effectively communicate this information to prospects, clients and internal parties
- Continually learn all aspects of all of the products and services offered by Heartland
- Work with reporting manager to assist in developing bank, association, value-added reseller, accounting and vertical market channels targeted by Heartland
- Provide all required documentation to manager
- Advancement within Heartland organization in as little as 3 months
Compensation - Benefits
401K with company match
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, & Disability
Apply to learn more