As an outside-sales professional, the role is responsible for driving revenue growth and bringing in net new business from prospects. This role is to set appointments with business owners or Financial Institution (FI) Partners to sell Heartland’s payment processing solution(s) through various methods, including prospecting face-to-face and over the phone, as well as through FI networks by building referral partnerships. The position is compensated with one-time commission, residuals and ownership. The compensation is highly leveraged with the opportunity for creating passive income while working flexible hours.
- Prospect and close new merchant account sales consistently month after month.
- Practice the Heartland mantra of Entrepreneurs Respectfully Serving Entrepreneurs by listening and gauging the customer’s needs to offer appropriate solutions and products to elevate the customer’s business.
- Provide after-sales service as needed to ensure a successful transition to Heartland products and services.
- Market additional HPS products and services when introduced under company guidelines.
- Travel to and from client sites and/or visit Financial Institution partners weekly and report interaction to ensure appropriate level of service.
- Initiate contact with each customer a minimum of four times per year.
- Respond to all sales leads within the required response time and work to solidify and close the sale. Report the results on a regular basis as defined.
- Overcome customer objections, issues or concerns as necessary to solidify the merchant relationship as a part of the sale.
- Possess the ability to obtain a higher value from merchants based on the value-added benefits offered by the product/service.
- Assess customers’ needs and identify the product/service that best meets the customer’s need.
- Gain a full understanding of all hardware, software, and reporting offered by Heartland, and effectively communicate this information to prospects, clients and internal parties.
- Continually learn all aspects of all of the products and services offered by Heartland.
- Work with reporting manager to assist in developing bank, association, value-added reseller, accounting and vertical market channels targeted by Heartland.
- Provide all required documentation to manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years business to business outside-sales experience
GLOBAL PAYMENTS JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Territory management experience
- Proven track record of success in outside sales
- A RM/SPA is expected to be at full production (as defined by HPS) within his/her first four months
Preferred Qualifications: Proven track record of success in outside sales, ideally within the equipment/payment systems environment
Career Path: Territory Manager
**Apply to learn more**
HeartlandSERVICE. DRIVEN. COMMERCE Heartland Payment Systems is a Global Payments company. Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading worldwide provider of payment technology services that delivers innovative solutions driven by customer needs globally. Our technologies, partnerships and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of products and services that allow our customers to accept all payment types across a variety of distribution channels in many markets around the world. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with more than 8,500 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with merchants and partners in 29 countries throughout North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region and Brazil.