As a consultative outside-sales professional, the Relationship Manager/Senior Product Manager is responsible for driving revenue growth and bringing in net new business from prospects. This role set appointments with business owners to educate them about Heartland’s payment processing solution(s). RMs and SPAs do this by prospecting over the phone, face-to-face, through their networks, and building referral partnerships. These positions are compensated
with one time commission, residuals and ownership. The compensation is highly leveraged with the opportunity for creating passive income while working flexible hours.
● Prospect and close new merchant accounts consistently month after month.
● Provide after-sales service for the duration of a merchant relationship with HPS unless alternative
arrangements have been made with reporting manager
● Market additional HPS products and services when introduced under company guidelines
● Travel to and from client sites within a designated, geographical territory
● Initiate contact with each customer a minimum of four times per year
● Respond to all sales leads within the required response time and work to solidify and close the sale. Report
the results on a regular basis as defined
● Overcome customer objections, issues or concerns as necessary to solidify the merchant relationship.
Candidate should have the ability to obtain a higher value from merchants based on the value-added benefits
offered by the product/service
● Assess customers’ needs and identify the product/service that best meets the needs
● Forecast merchants’ transaction volumes within acceptable levels of accuracy
● Gain a full understanding of all hardware, software, and reporting offered by Heartland, and effectively
communicate this information to prospects, clients and internal parties
● Continually learn all aspects of all of the products and services offered by Heartland
● Work with reporting manager to assist in developing bank, association, value-added reseller, accounting and
vertical market channels targeted by Heartland
● Provide all required documentation to manager