Financial Institutions Sales Representative
Heartland Richmond, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a consultative outside sales professional, the RM-FI is responsible for developing relationships with Heartland's bank and credit union partners and bringing in new payment processing business through prospecting and referrals.
Activities include attending and leading regular meetings at partner branches, responding to leads, providing referrals back to the partner, and setting appointments with other business owners, educating them about Heartland’s financial tech products and services.
Successful candidates will be able to prospect and sell face-to-face, over the phone, and by using online meeting technology. This position is paid based on performance, and compensation is made up of commission, residuals, and portfolio ownership. The first 60 days of employment will be a paid trial period that includes training and development.
- Visit Financial Institution partners weekly, building relationships with the team
- Listen and determine customers' needs to offer appropriate solutions and products that will elevate their business
- Prospect new leads, respond to leads quickly, and close new merchant accounts consistently month after month
- Overcome customer objections, issues or concerns as necessary to close sales
- Provide after-sale service for the duration of a merchant relationship
- Gain a full understanding of all hardware, software, programs, and services offered by Heartland and stay up to date on new advancements and technologies
- Attend training and team meetings with Heartland co-workers
- Market additional Heartland products and services and share leads with others when appropriate
- Reporting and administrative duties as needed
- Minimum of 2 years business-to-business and/or outside sales experience
- Proven track record of success in outside sales and sales forecasting
- Knowledge of banking, accounting, or finance
- Management experience preferred
- Software or technology sales experience preferred
Compensation - Benefits
- Upfront new customer bonuses + residual income + portfolio equity
- 401k with company match
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, & Disability
- Apply to learn more
SERVICE. DRIVEN. COMMERCE Heartland Payment Systems is a Global Payments company. Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading worldwide provider of payment technology services that delivers innovative solutions driven by customer needs globally. Our technologies, partnerships and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of products and services that allow our customers to accept all payment types across a variety of distribution channels in many markets around the world. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with more than 8,500 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with merchants and partners in 29 countries throughout North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region and Brazil.