*** Zoho Books is the platform used rather than Quickbooks, etc. So Zoho knowledge will be given preference. ZOHO ONE
Internal control w/ Operations, warehouse, report to China
ABOUT THE JOB
Heartland Works LLC (“HL” and “Company”) is currently seeking a highly motivated and forward-thinking Accounting Manager to join our team! You will be a key contributor to our enterprise-wide initiative.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager role is a very fast-growing e-cig vape CBD company with its US office in Boca Raton. The overall mission is to think and act as a gatekeeper for the company to protect its financial security, to maximize cash flow and optimize accounting procedures on an on-going basis.
The Accounting Manager will work closely with executive team and managers, establishing specifications and monitor the processes to ensure compliance with the standards and requirements of HW and the state and federal regulations.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record and hunger for success in the e-cigarette and cannabis industry.
• Maintain our company’s financial security by bringing certainty that all tasks are followed according to our internal procedures
• Think and act like a controller and audit all bills and deductions accordingly
• Optimize our cash flow by monitoring AR and AP closely
• Ensure short response time to all parties
• Monitor the accuracy of inventory levels in each of our warehouse locations
• Keep accounting language simple so that all parties can understand it
• Give recommendation to management on financial actions by analyzing accounting options
• Pay Attention to financial performance on a daily basis, reporting any red flags on areas of concern
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & Skills:
• Manage Accounts Receivables (full cycle)/Payables and General Ledger while ensuring maximal accuracy
• Prepare checks, payments and bank deposit in a timely manner
• Set-up new vendors/customers ensuring all documentation is readily available
• Create invoices; monitor the accuracy by comparing sales orders against purchase orders and bill of lading
• Create credit memos and reconcile against payments; look for answers when partial payments are made without any matching credit memos
• Create purchase orders for imported good and record received inventory appropriately with fluctuating exchange rate
• Prepare and analyze Financial Reports, Balance sheet /Income statement
• Manage day-to-day Banking/accounting activities and reconcile statement monthly
• Prepare bi-weekly Payroll
• Must be familiar with Filings/time bound returns of City / State & Fed/ Sales Tax & Labor regulations
• Work with executive team to cut any excess spending
• Prepare periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly) Reports on performances & keep management well informed
• Track and maintain inventory records from all of our warehouse locations (including internal transfers)
• Follow-up on vendor claims and pay vendors in a timely manner
• Assist with budget preparation
• Assist with audits
• Maintain complete filing system to support financial records
• Maintain the chart of account
• Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
• Perform job costing/profitability analysis
• Follow our internal procedures and policies while providing recommendations for improvements
• Working closely and effectively with the CEO and Director of Ops to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately and persistently. Ensuring all timelines are being met even in the midst of occasional chaos
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• The accountant candidate should have accounting experience of at least 5 to 10 years and a bachelor degree in accounting or its equivalent, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Mid to Advance knowledge of Excel
• Advance knowledge of QuickBooks
• Extremely organized, structured and efficient
• Excellent Communication.
• Google Drive experience is a plus
• Impeccable records and references