Heartland Home Health Care and Hospice is part of the HCR ManorCare family, a leading provider of home health care, hospice care, skilled nursing, memory care and post-acute care.
Responsible for the delivery of skilled nursing care and supportive services within the scope of the nurse's education and experience. Compliance with Heartland Corporate Standards and local, state, and federal laws, in an institutional setting, within the policies of the institution. Supplements nursing care of clients.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
4708 - Heartland Hospice - Serving Fairview Heights, Illinois
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state and in good standing with the Board in which he/she will practice.
A minimum of six months nursing experience within the past three to five years.
100% travel on a daily basis.
Job Specific Details:
Heartland Hospice is hiring for a Weekend On Call RN to work from Friday at 5pm until Monday Morning. This position is a slaried position.
Specific job details may be found in the job description for this position. To highlight the Hospice highlights of this position see below.
General Responsibilities (Hospice Only)
- Attends deaths of Patients to assist and support the family.
- Initial and ongoing assessment of the impact of the terminal diagnosis on the Patient?s physical, functional, psychosocial and environmental needs and activities of daily living including risk for pathological grief, cultural and spiritual implications and verbal and non-verbal communication patterns.
- Implements the individualized plan of care and recommends revisions to the plan as necessary including managing discomfort and providing symptom relief and specialized nursing skills related to palliative and end-oflife care.
- Consults with and educates the Patient/family regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, end-of-life care and the processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes that demonstrate progress toward established goals.
- Coordinates all Patient/family services and prioritization of needs with the members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Uses case management approach and refers to other services as needed.
- Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the Patient?s needs and outcomes of intervention.
- Determines scope and frequency of services needed based on acuity and Patient/family needs.
- Supervises LPNs/LVNs and paraprofessionals providing services to the Patient according to regulatory guidelines.
- Participates in in-service programs.
- Provides specialized hospice training to other staff, family members and informal caregivers to insure adequate care.
- Assesses the ability of the caregiver to meet the Patient?s immediate needs upon admission and throughout care.
- Evaluates family/Patient response to care on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluates own needs for support and uses identified systems to meet the need.
- Applies specific criteria for admission and re-certification to hospice care to establish appropriate levels of care and the Patient?s eligibility.
- Communicates information using current process and technology available to the organization.