Palliative Care Specialist
Heartland Hospice Saint Louis, MO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HCR ManorCare provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy.
The Palliative Care Specialist will coordinate and manage all day to day business affairs and other operational activities related to the administration of the local palliative care office by performing the following duties including, but not limited to, maintaining telephonic patient contact, obtaining insurance authorizations, maintaining medical records, and marketing.
- Coordinate and manage all day-to-day business affairs and other operational activities related to the administration of the palliative care department.
- Assist Central Intake Admission Coordinator with obtaining insurance pre-authorizations and initiating patient contact.
- Ensures the maintenance of up-to-date account information for existing referral sources (i.e. address, contact, preferences, etc.) and maintains referral source communication preference information.
- Maintains insurance records on all patients and obtains timely re-authorizations for continued care when necessary. Demonstrates understanding of all payer sources and impact on revenue.
- Advise Palliative Care Team of patient acceptance and provide all relevant information including accurate insurance and admission information in order to ensure appropriate disclosure of rights and responsibilities, financial liabilities and benefit plan to patients and their family.
- Maintain communication with pending patients, their families and referral sources and routinely follows the progress of prospective patients in order to assure continuity of care.
- Manage all daily clinical records functions including implementing clinical records policies. Ensure clinical record systems are maintained in compliance with state and federal regulations and company policies.
- Assist as requested to provide timely responses and further information related to all billing denials, and postpayments audits of submitted claims.
- Establish and maintain professional and productive relationships with all referral sources. Acts as a resource for customers and community as a whole regarding palliative care.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
4608 - Heartland Hospice - Serving St. Louis, Missouri
High School diploma or equivalent. Current, active licensure as a LPN or RN preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including telephone technique
- Knowledge of medical terminology. Prior experience in home health, hospice or palliative care environment preferred
- Ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team and health care providers
- Customer service focus evidenced by ability to establish and maintain rapport with patients, families and referral sources
Job Specific Details:
This is a full time, Monday thorugh Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm position.
Current LPN or RN license preferred.
AddressSaint Louis, MO
HealthcareView all jobs at Heartland Hospice